• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Importing Home Movies

profpatel

I have just ordered my first K System for our house that is being constructed. I am new to K Systems and am extremely excited to get my hands on my system. I will have 3U Server and 2 M700 Vaults.

My question is that I have a ton of home video's on my computer, the majority as .MTS files and others as .mov - I was wondering if there was any way that I could import them into the Server. I figured the files would have to be ona DVD or BR and likely not burned as data discs.

I could not find any info w/ searches. It may not be possible, but I would LOVE to have my home movies also on the system.

Prof

Hi. Yes you will have to burn the home movies to DVD then import to your server. This is also what I did. Then you have to go into the k interface from your pc and enter the title and actor/ director info if you want this info displayed.

And yes they need to be one movie per DVD and not burned as data. Basically if it plays the movie in a regular DVD player it should import to k

Right- you have to make sure the files are encoded to the proper HD (BR) or SD (DVD) spec (most DVD/ BR burning software will do this for you) and then you need to author the disc. Because burning can take a little time (especially BR) I prefer to save my authored file to a "disc image" and then burn it from there. This way if theres a defect in the media, I don't have to reencode everything- which can be time consuming. PS- Congratulations on your new K system- its a terrific system!!

Back