• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

WANTED: If your're NOT a Premium member, post any "WANTED" items here. (Premium members can make their own "Wanted" post at the main Marketplace forum)

Looking for a working K120 mini-system

Hi,

I am looking to buy a working K-120 mini-system with or without hard drives.

tia

Hello all, I’m looking for a grandfathered 3U Server. Sounds crazy but I was holding out on the Strato and multiple disc server combination, believing that this was the direction K was going. So I need to consolidate the over 2000 dvd & Blu-ray movies I currently have. Is this possible?

Where are you based?

I understand about the replication. I have two 1U servers and am hoping to get it down to one single unit. Once I upgrade to the 6TB drives, I will be selling my 1U with 4X4TB unit.
Any sources for purchase of the drives?
I am not a dealer, just a consumer.
Thanks,
Chris

Are you still after some 6TB drives?

Cinelife (Jim) is looking in to getting me a set of 4 new ones from K-scape.

Did you need kOS installed? I have 3 maybe 4 new 6TB drives that I need to sell soon but they are add-on drives for a 1U/3U they are not a set to replace an existing drive set.

I do need the K-OS installed
Thanks,
Chris

Did you need kOS installed? I have 3 maybe 4 new 6TB drives that I need to sell soon but they are add-on drives for a 1U/3U they are not a set to replace an existing drive set.

In addition to a Strato, also interested in an M700 vault.

You are aware that a Strato and an M700 connected together will only give you access to DVD titles via the vault and that the video output of the M700 would be disabled? (If you have a premiere line server disregard).

K-Vault belt-kit?

Does anyone have a belt-kit for the original KVaut (1st version black unit for Blu-rays; unit made by Dacal). I have a broken belt, and need a replacement.

Thanks, Cameron

Does anyone have a belt-kit for the original KVaut (1st version black unit for Blu-rays; unit made by Dacal). I have a broken belt, and need a replacement.

Thanks, Cameron

These should be available from your local dealer as they are still stocked by Kscape :)

Belt for KVault-10

These should be available from your local dealer as they are still stocked by Kscape :)

K-says "no longer supported / none in stock". I was hoping someone had one they'd want to sell, or a dealer has one in stock they'd like to move. That, or hoping someone would report they found a replacement on Amazon they've tried and found works.

That's my next plan if no one responds; buy a cassette-deck belt kit on from Amazon and see if I can find among the 35 belts in the kit and see if one works.

Thanks,
Cameron

K-says "no longer supported / none in stock". I was hoping someone had one they'd want to sell, or a dealer has one in stock they'd like to move. That, or hoping someone would report they found a replacement on Amazon they've tried and found works.

That's my next plan if no one responds; buy a cassette-deck belt kit on from Amazon and see if I can find among the 35 belts in the kit and see if one works.

Thanks,
Cameron

Well if you get stumped we have some in the UK but with shipping and exchange rates they might come out quite expensive.

I have a 3U server, 14 3TB drives, 6 openings.

Looking for drives. I'm guessing I should stick to 3TB units?

Back