• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

ID of Movies with Scenes Marked?

JohnJ

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Is there any way to tell which movies have scenes marked before purchasing? Also, on movies that do have scenes is there a way to tell which versions have them?

I notice I have a couple of movies that are included in the top 50 demo scenes but my versions don't have anything marked.

John

Great question... I think the typical answer is that there isn't a way to tell before buying a movie if it's been encoded with scenes. you have to load it to see if it comes up. When the scenes were managed more by us here on this board, then we published a list of all the scenes we had made, but now that Kaleidescape has taken over doing this, I don't think they put out such a list. And you're right that versions make it harder than ever to know if you'll see them.

If it's really important, I'd bet that if you email the MovieGuide email address at Kaleidescape and give them the UPC of the film you're interested in, they can tell you if it's scene-encoded or not.

That would be a good start but it isn't a guarantee that if loaded a disc would even be bookmarked. For example, every so often, Baby Einstein videos would make another production run for their discs as their inventories got low. Those new discs would be the exact same but for some reason they had a new disc ID which caused the system to not use the exising bookmarks. Although they had a new disc ID, they did not change the UPC code on the packaging. I am sure Baby Einstein was not the only series of DVDs to have this happen, but it was one I was aware of because they had to bookmark the series many times. Granted that was DVD, but I would bet there is a chance to see the same thing happen on BluRay.

But given the title, they should be able to say if it has scenes set up or not and it is likely that the store bought title will be a match for the bookmarking. Otherwise, it is a free mail in to have them update their system to work with your disc.

Thanks Guys.

I notice that the movie collections have a link to Amazon on the movies that are listed in that collection. My assumption was that these have scenes (if there were any scenes marked for a particular movie). It sounds like even on this the ID may not be exactly the same and have the scenes marked. However, it most improve the probabilities......

John

Back