• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

I inherited some Kaleidescape systems and know NOTHING about them any assistance is appreciated please

Hi Everyone My husband and I recently inherited a Kplayer 6000 and a Kserver 1500 I realize they are both quite old but Neither of us honestly have any idea about these two items can anyone give us ANY info on them and what to do with them please !? They seem to be in very good condition still in original boxes just missing the remotes

What are you looking to do with these? Are you planning to use them or sell them?

What are you looking to do with these? Are you planning to use them or sell them?
I guess we really are not sure atm We don't really need them... But just honestly know nothing about them Just looking for some honest information \we tried researching information and there is to much conflicting information out there :( Are they even worth anything these days?

Kplayer 6000 is a DVD only player. It is worth whatever a DVD player is worth today or perhaps a bit less on its own because it needs the server to function.

Kaleidescape offers $300 store credit if a good condition Kserver 1500 is traded-in. I would base its value somewhere under that. Some Kserver 1500 are worth more because they come with large hard drives (ex. 4x4TB).

Kplayer 6000 is a DVD only player. It is worth whatever a DVD player is worth today or perhaps a bit less on its own because it needs the server to function.

Kaleidescape offers $300 store credit if a good condition Kserver 1500 is traded-in. I would base its value somewhere under that. Some Kserver 1500 are worth more because they come with large hard drives (ex. 4x4TB).
Actually yes I do believe it has the larger hard drives :) So the player works in conjunction with the server ?

As long as they are still functional they have value. You can use them as-is for DVD storage/playback or add an M-class player (and/or vault) to get HD playback. They aren't the latest wiz-bang, but by no means a paperweight.

One benefit to being older components is they are listed on the System Specs thread (Kscape System Specs)

As long as they are still functional they have value. You can use them as-is for DVD storage/playback or add an M-class player (and/or vault) to get HD playback. They aren't the latest wiz-bang, but by no means a paperweight.

One benefit to being older components is they are listed on the System Specs thread (Kscape System Specs)
SO what would the benefits be compared to a normal dvd or blu ray ?

SO what would the benefits be compared to a normal dvd or blu ray ?
kaleidescape will store hundreds or thousands Of movies on its hard drive So you don’t need to change discs out. The movie will start to play instantly without any trailers or warnings. I personally think if you’re Looking to get into kaleidescape , to contact a dealer to trade it in Since physical movie discs are going the way of the dinosaur.

kaleidescape will store hundreds or thousands Of movies on its hard drive So you don’t need to change discs out. The movie will start to play instantly without any trailers or warnings. I personally think if you’re Looking to get into kaleidescape , to contact a dealer to trade it in Since physical movie discs are going the way of the dinosaur.
What if we decided to sell, which is where we are leaning to ( we arent really TV people too busy ) Are there other places to do that as well? We are located in Calgary

You can advertise the equipment in the usual places online (Ebay, etc.), or you can list it in our Forum Marketplace (there is a flat fee involved).

Jim

You can advertise the equipment in the usual places online (Ebay, etc.), or you can list it in our Forum Marketplace (there is a flat fee involved).

Jim
I am just curious what would they possibly be worth in working condition with 4x 4 TB I believe or possibly 4x 2TB its one of the two lol I am not attempting to sell them here mind you just want an honest approximation please

4x4TB vs 4x2TB will make a big difference in value.

Are you guessing this server has 4x4TB or you know it? If you are guessing, I would guess more like 4x1TB since it is bundled with a Kplayer 6000.

Also, are you able to test it for functionality or you will offer these for sale untested? There are no replacement parts for these servers.

The server value will be somewhere between $250 to $2,000 depending on the answers to above questions and some luck (or no luck).

I am just curious what would they possibly be worth in working condition with 4x 4 TB I believe or possibly 4x 2TB its one of the two lol I am not attempting to sell them here mind you just want an honest approximation please

The answer by @Substance is fair (and accurate), but as I mentioned earlier, if you call me (or allow me to call you), I can get many of your questions answered, including the server condition, etc.. If you'd rather keep posting your questions, that's fine, but understand it is not easy for folks to answer when some key information is missing. You can also accomplish some of the info gathering on your own by emailing K Support (support@kaleidescape.com), provide them the full serial numbers of the components and ask about the drives, condition of the server when last online, etc..

Jim

Back