• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

How to delete blu rays following digital ofers?

phcjpp

Hi Guys,

I just bought 70 odd digital offers and so I now have 70 odd duplicates in my collection (some Blu Ray and some DVD). Is there an easy way to eject the Blu Ray disks and also to delete the Blu Ray and DVD extra copies ?

Surely I don't need to do this one at a time - looking at duplicates in the main movie list it is not even obvious which is the new digital copy!

Ta
Chris

The easiest way I have found is to look at the movies tab and select HD then delete the ones that are BluRay Disc. When deleted, they will eject the physical disc from the vault.

On DVD content, the way I have found duplicates was to export my list to excel and then create a new column and in column A, I put in a formula =If(B2=B1,1,"")

When I copy and paste the formula down the whole row, th formula will put a "1" in the box to the left of the second title in a set of duplicates. Sometimes, they may be different films with the same name. I can select the entire column A and it will auto sum the number so I can see how many potential duplicates I have. I then manually delete the extra copies I don't want (keeping the few DVD versions I still want to have).

As Mr. Poindexter points out, you can bulk delete movies on the Movies tab of the browser interface (BI) if you are using a Premiere line system (1U, 3U, 5U server or original Cinema One). You can access the BI by loading http://my-kaleidescape/home (http://my-kaleidescape.local/home on a Mac) and clicking on the Movies tab. Alternately, you can load http://<server IP>/home (substituting "<server IP>" with the IP address of your server) or http://ks-<server serial number>/home. For example, if your server's serial number is 1234, then you would load http://ks-000000001234/home

If you are going to bulk delete content from the BI, you can sort the Movies page by the "Type" column (click on the little arrows in the column header). Your imported content will have a type of "DVD" or "Blu-ray disc" whereas the downloads from the store will have a type of "DVD quality" or "Blu-ray quality". Simply tick the check box beside each movie title you wish to delete and then click the "Move to trash" button at the bottom of the page.

If, however, you are using a Cinema One (2nd Generation) or Alto, you can only delete movies one at a time from the Onscreen Display (OSD). There is currently no ability to delete movies from the browser interface for these systems.

On the OSD, an easy way to distinguish the Blu-ray discs from the HD downloads is to look at the cover art image (rendered on the left side of the row on the Movie List place). The Blu-ray disc version of the movie will have the blue bars at the top and bottom of the cover art image whereas the downloaded movie will not have the blue bars but will have a blue "HD" logo in the bottom right corner of the image.

For DVD content, the only sure way to tell the difference is to look at the Detail sheet for each movie. In the rating and run-time section at the top of the sheet, a DVD will state "DVD" after the running time whereas a downloaded title will report "DVD quality download".

Hi Guys,

I just bought 70 odd digital offers and so I now have 70 odd duplicates in my collection (some Blu Ray and some DVD). Is there an easy way to eject the Blu Ray disks and also to delete the Blu Ray and DVD extra copies ?

Surely I don't need to do this one at a time - looking at duplicates in the main movie list it is not even obvious which is the new digital copy!

Ta
Chris

Like Mr. Poindexter said. Export Movie list to excel. find duplicates either directly through excel menu option or via an other method.
go back to movie list on kscape browser interface. Movies will either say Bluray Disc or Bluray Quality next to them. Delete the Bluray Disc versions. Discs should be ejected automatically.

Back