• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

How do you maintain favorite scenes when upgrading to UHD versions?

o0OBillO0o

Hi,

I recently upgraded Braveheart from HD to UHD and my favorite scenes are no longer present or did not port over in the UHD version.

I understand that these are technically different files, is there anyway to associate script start stop points from one film onto another, assuming same runtime and film title?

Thank you for your help,
Bill

Last edited:
Hi,

I recently upgraded Braveheart from HD to UHD and my favorite scenes are no longer present or did not port over in the UHD version.

I understand that these are technically different files, is anyway to associate script start stop points from one film onto another, assuming same runtime and film title?

Thank you for your help,
Bill

No, there is not. You have to manually mark the scenes in the new movie version. This is what I am doing in Paramount titles that I have had with BR scenes marked. Unfortunately, I didn’t have Braveheart on BR so I am not updating sciences for that movie.

I am getting closer to adding marked scenes for my first batch of movies (both HD and UHD). I am hoping to have this sometime this week.

John

No, there is not. You have to manually mark the scenes in the new movie version. This is what I am doing in Paramount titles that I have had with BR scenes marked. Unfortunately, I didn’t have Braveheart on BR so I am not updating sciences for that movie.

I am getting closer to adding marked scenes for my first batch of movies (both HD and UHD). I am hoping to have this sometime this week.

John

Okay. That's a couple of hours of my hobby time that I won't get back.

I don't know the gory details, but I suggest a feature add.

Copy scene marking and paste on film.

Where the movie title and run-time are ignored, and the absolute time from "0s from start" is the "begin time" of the scene and the "end time" is "0s is the start" of the scene. Then is stored as users inputed text with the associated start and stop times.

Is there a "Kaleidescape guide for advanced users" that might identify this syntax that is compatible with K-- where we might share our scenes etc..?

Back