• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

How do I tell if the HD version has atmos?

Thanks, Mike. But oddly I couldn't even figure out how to do this manually. When I go to the web interface for my Encore system and click to view Movie Details, it doesn't say what audio formats I have.

It's a VERY manual process - you have to start the movie and check the soundtrack via the audio tab while it is playing.

John

It's a VERY manual process - you have to start the movie and check the soundtrack via the audio tab while it is playing.

John

Wow. That is not good. At a minimum it would be nice if you could tell from the Kaleidescape web interface or the Kaleidescape ipad app.

John

Yes, that is the method I used for a while. I have since resorted to keeping a list of titles that should have immersive audio (based on known info about the disc version). I periodically check the K store on these particular titles to see if there is an update.

I hope no one thinks that either of these methods are even remotely acceptable.

Please refer to this link, which was posted earlier in this thread:

https://store.kaleidescape.com/dolby_atmos/titles

Until we're able to fix the limitation in the main movie details (in which we only show the audio corresponding to the highest-video-quality version of the movie), that list is the authoritative reference to see which version(s) of a movie currently have Atmos soundtracks. It's automatically generated, so as soon as there's any change on the Movie Store, the list should reflect it.

Mike,
Any chance part of the "to do list" includes having the audio tracks available in the actual on screen guide and in the pop up in the browser list? When selecting a movie detail screen, it would be great to be able to see at a glance what soundtrack(s) are available for playback. It is great to have Cast, Director, Genre, and a quick synopsis, but the soundtrack is as important, in my opinion. This is especially true for dealers, who might be choosing a movie to play for demo based on the included soundtrack.

I know it's adding to the workload, but it would also be nice if a message could show up on screen, or in an e-mail at least, when an update to existing downloaded content is available. For example, I am currently downloading the newer version of Wonder Woman, because Atmos is now available, which I had no idea about before reading JohnJ's thread. I ended up having to go back and look at the date of my download (August 29th) to figure out that the version I had was too old to have Atmos, based on the fact that the mention of it now having Atmos was two weeks ago, around September 10th.

Back