• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

How do I set downloads from the store to only download the maximum available quality?

iansilv

I just get tired of unchecking the HD version as all I want to do is download the HDR version on movies where that is available...

What is your player configuration? The store automatically selects titles such that each of the players in your system can play the movie.

I have an extra M700 in my Home Theater that is set up separately (not paired) in order to play music (CD’s) and also scripts for concerts, etc. from my Premiere system. Of course the Store thinks that this is a separate player in a different room so it automatically downloads the HD version also. It would be nice to have a way to disable but I find that I do actually want the HD version downloaded in order to initially check the extras. I then will delete the ones that I don’t find interesting.

John

What is your player configuration? The store automatically selects titles such that each of the players in your system can play the movie.
Paired with a costar, but only play through the strato. Just would like a setting to “download only in highest quality available”

We should look into that in a bit more detail to figure out exactly what’s going on. Generally speaking, the store will only seek to download the best version playable by each of your playback zones. For a Co-Star pair, that’s 4K. I believe the store will also auto-select HD if a movie has extras, since those are bundled with the HD version. Have you noticed any such correlation?

OK so what I am talking about is when it is just the movie file- I still want the extras, but I only want the 4K movie file. No need for the hd movie file as my system is connected with a costar. I have all downloads set to go to the Terra, and I am slowly trying to "ween off" the premiere system. So the premiere is only there to play things I cannot get on the store.

Looking at my system, if I want the 4K film and the extras I have to download both the 4K and HD versions. If I then delete the HD film, it deletes the HD extras too :-/

Yeah, as mentioned recently in another thread, most of the time, the extras are within the same download as the HD feature. Sometimes there is a separate download specifically for extras, but this is somewhat uncommon, and usually only if there's a huge set of extras.

There are some longer-term ambitions to address this situation, but for the time being, this is how things are with extras.

Ian, do you have any un-paired Premiere players? Perhaps something like an M700 (with its internal player zone)?

I do actually- I have an M700 with a player... that must be why the hd downloads are always included...

Yeah, that'd do it. I'm afraid there's not currently an easy way to adjust the automatic behavior here, but there is some stuff on the drawing board. If it helps at all, let me mention that I am personally interested in having this feature as well. ;)

Yeah, that'd do it. I'm afraid there's not currently an easy way to adjust the automatic behavior here, but there is some stuff on the drawing board. If it helps at all, let me mention that I am personally interested in having this feature as well. ;)
Mike it is the ultimate first-world problem! Just like not being able to find Beavis and Butthead on the K store! 😀

Back