• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

How do I get the scripting url? Nothing seems to work.

pickle28

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Total Noob here and I have exhausted my efforts on finding the scripts url page.

The manual says go here: http://my-kaleidescape.local (Mac)

When I go that address I get to my Kaleidescape data but there's nothing about scripts anywhere (photo attached). In the manual is shows what the script page looks like and it's nothing like what I have. (also attached)

or

http://[server_IP_address]

Nothing loads in my browser.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 11.37.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 11.37.23 PM.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 11.52.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 11.52.37 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
Thank you! My page still looks much different then the one I attached. I'm guessing it's because of an updated interface?

Thanks again

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 5.59.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 5.59.49 PM.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 22
Looks like the QSG was last updated in 2015, so that would be before the Encore line could do scripts (possibly even before there was an Encore line.)

This is correct. The screenshot on the right posted by @pickle28 is of the browser interface for our Premiere line of equipment. The other screen shots in this thread are from the browser interface of our Encore line.

The Encore line does not include a link to the scripts tab on the browser interface. It is only accessible via entering the URL directly.

For up-to-date installation guides for both Encore and Premiere lines, refer to https://support.kaleidescape.com/article/Install-Guides

Wish you all would just add it to the Encore browser interface at some point. Have to look up what to do every time vs. just selecting on the interface. Maybe just me.... ;)

Okay... I'm wondering what I am doing wrong? Here's a screenshot of my script and all it does is show one Cover for 5 seconds then the second cover for 5 seconds. What am I missing?

Thank you.
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 12.08.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-18 at 12.09.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-18 at 1.07.39 PM.png

For the steps that are playing the songs, try deselecting the option to stop playback when "Play or Select button is pressed". Then try playing your script again. If that works, it's possible that your system is receiving a Play/Select command as it's entering the playback section of the script an aborting playback (since that's what the script is set up to do).

What type of control are you using with your system (IR remote? Control system via IP?)

Thanks for the quick response. Revised the script, and still have the same result. Played both covers. I'm not sure if it matters but the actual songs are on my Disk Vault. Would that be why it doesn't work?

As for control, I'm using the app for now. I don't have my system on control 4 yet. I'm just going to the script and hitting play.

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 1.31.52 PM.png

When you look at the detail sheet for the script on the OSD of the player you're trying to play the script on, are any of the steps marked as "Step unavailable"?

What equipment is involved here aside from the Disc Server? Is this just a Strato and a Disc Server or is there an Alto in the mix. Are the discs Blu-ray or DVD? Is the Alto just grouped with the system or is it Co-Star paired to the Strato? Are you trying to play the script from your Strato or some other device?

If it's just a Strato and a Vault and the content is on Blu-ray discs, then the script will skip the Play Song steps because a Strato can't play Blu-ray discs.

If you have your Disc Server grouped with an Alto that is part of your system (but not Co-Star paired with your Strato), then the script should work if you play it from the Alto. But it won't work properly if you try to play it from your Strato.

And if your Alto is Co-Star paired to the Strato, then scripts involving content that would require the paired player to play the content will also likely not work reliably.

Once you start dealing with disc-based content on Encore systems, things get complicated quickly. This is part of why script functionality is not an officially supported feature on Encore.

That's probably why it's not working. I'm not getting any "step unavailable" messages but my Strato is setup with an Alto, Disk Vault and I'm using co-star as well.

All the content is on Blu-Ray disks

So essentially, the only scripts that will work properly are from the content that's downloaded from the store.

Good to know.

I also noticed that not all movies that you buy from the store show individual scenes. Some of my movies I purchased from he store will give options to Play:
Movie (always)
or
Scene (sometimes) - Not for Abominable, 13 Hours
or
Trailer (rare) - 13 Hours had one

I guess each title is different?

Back