• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

How do I download all movies in one go?

Chris-T

I am not sure whether this is a hardware or movies store issue so apologies for the post to the general forum but I've just added a Terra server to a system which previously only had two Stratos so I have a lot of movies not downloaded to the system. I am sure there used to be a way to bulk download all movies (or at least go through a list with a check-box) not on a system but for the life of me, I cannot find it on the movie store. I can filter for all movies not on the system but there is no "download all" button.

It may be part of the problem, but when I go to the "My Movies" tab and then go to the relevant system, if I try to filter for all movies not downloaded to that system, nothing shows up. It tells me that it may be down the filter options but as this is the only filter, I think something has gone wrong at the Kaleidescape end. Help appreciated as I really don't want to go through a 1,000 movies manually tagging them for download!

Navigate to "My Movies". Then:
  1. Ensure you have the "All My Movies" option selected.
  2. Apply the "Not downloaded to..." filter for the appropriate system.
  3. Click the "Download All..." button in the top right corner
1678465810221.png

NOTE: When you select a specific system name in the title bar of the My Movie page, it filters your list of movies to only those titles that are already downloaded to that system. So when you then apply the "Not downloaded to..." filter on that view, you end up with nothing.

I've found the problem - I am not in the US/UK. Once through the VPN it now shows up...
hmmm... that's the kind of info you may want to keep to yourself. :)

Back