• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

How Big Is Your Collection?

Joe

I have often wondered about the sizes of k-scape owners' movie and music collections. Right now, I am at 886 movies and 1111 albums. However, a good portion of my collection is comprised of series (e.g., Battlestar Galactica, several Star Trek series and audio books). How about you?

With at least two OOP sets still in the hunt, and all the series I am waiting to hit various purchase price triggers, my first thought is not big enough... and then I remember how needing space for shelves was a major contribution to the recent room re-alignment.

Strictly by the numbers? A few thousand DVDs (too many child profiles missing from DVDP for an accurate count,) a few hundred Blu-Rays, and I would guess maybe a few dozen CDs.

Creepy...
Jerry, are you able to see any users' movie and music library??

Yeah, and how do I access those extra 412 films and 697 albums?

Yeah, and how do I access those extra 412 films and 697 albums?

You have to put in your password to get to the "other" content.:D (not sure about the albums)

Jim

That's how I got to the first 881 DVDs. Must be some double secret probationary content...

1166 movies; 595 albums - spread across 2 5U servers. Only 39 GB of free space which varies from day to day. It becomes daunting what to delete when I want to add new movies. 1500 DVD titles and counting in my collection. Will definitely need to move to a 3U at some point. I'm actually relieved that bluray is yet to be supported. Bluray would involve a real juggling act.

Jay

I just copied and pasted from my user webpage.

Ah.... sorry Jerry. It sure seemed to me (and to Poindexter, apparently), that when you posted:
You have 1293 movies and 1248 albums in your library.
... it seemed like you were telling Poindexter how many movies and albums were in HIS library. Now i get it... :D Clearly my friend Cinelife reads things with much more care... looks like he got what you were referring to right away!

My stats: 881 movies, 440 albums. Now I'm feeling inadequate among the "big boys" here...

Maybe the old adage might be paraphrased, "it's not the size of your collection, but it's what you do with it that counts" :D :D

Okay, since we are comparing sizes:D, I currently have 1080 movies and 1152 albums (recently downsized the movies a bit).

Jim

I have 4333 movie titles (many are TV shows with multiple discs, and that includes 120 Blu Ray movies) and 1200 albums...3 x 3U servers (1 filled with 2 TB drives, and 2 filled with 1 TB drives)...this product gets better and better with more content, obviously...

Back