• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Home Router Recomendations

SJHT

We have a fairly large home network (80+ devices mostly wired). I use several Dell business class switches across parts of our home. Any recommendation on routers? I would not necessarly need wireless as this is handled with separate access point setup. Ideally the router would have QOS for internal network routing/prioritization (vs. only QOS for Internet usage). My switches allow me to prioritize K equipment (we have 2 Stratos, 2 Altos, 2 Terras, 1 DV700). I would like to have routing priority as well. Currently using a TP-Link router and have had a few issues. Thanks for any suggestions!

Am having some issues myself and am considering some options from this brand:

Don't have one yet, but have heard good things. Lots of reviews and set up videos on YouTube.

We use Luxul in all our systems we setup. ....... No problems.

In my opinion stay away from all forms of "gaming routers".

We use Luxul in all our systems we setup. ....... No problems.

In my opinion stay away from all forms of "gaming routers".

Ive been looking at these. Which models are you using and do you also use their switches? I might start with just replacing my router. Thanks for the feedback. SJ

Appreciate the help. Think I will go with that one. I spoke to the Luxul people at Cedia a few years ago. Nice team. Thanks. SJ

I have just ordered the Ubiquity dream machine pro and the Ubiquity PoE 24p & 16p Gen2 switches. Several good reviews, great looking interface and the security/firewall features helped me with this choice. I will give it a try, can always return them if not convinced

Yeah, I looked at that. The interface looks pretty slick. I’m also maybe looking at replacing 2 of my switches (both have K equipment). We have our main hub for the house, but also a large secondary area. The Luxul switches allow you to “stack“ them with 10GB SFP cable between and manage as a single switch. The managed interface looks much more straightforward than the Dell switches I‘ve been using. Thanks for your suggestion. SJ

I have just ordered the Ubiquity dream machine pro and the Ubiquity PoE 24p & 16p Gen2 switches. Several good reviews, great looking interface and the security/firewall features helped me with this choice. I will give it a try, can always return them if not convinced

Thinking of going for the same. The interface and control it offers looks great. Be interested to hear how you find it. (y)

I have all Ubitquiti and 5 access points throughout house. Really great stuff. Will not be disappointed

The remote capability is awesome. You are able to reboot not only a switch, but down to a specific port.

I am part of their early access program, so I beta test a lot of product. Cameras, switches, routers, etc. I replaced all my Pakedge equipment with Ubitquiti. It is a little funky setting up as the controller has to be run separately, but once you set up, it is awesome. all online support and similar to this forum, the guys are great.

Just remember some of these switches are managed switches. If you are not familiar with this type of switch it can be interesting.

Great equipment though. Reasonably priced.

I am part of their early access program, so I beta test a lot of product. Cameras, switches, routers, etc. I replaced all my Pakedge equipment with Ubitquiti. It is a little funky setting up as the controller has to be run separately, but once you set up, it is awesome. all online support and similar to this forum, the guys are great.
The Dream Machine Pro that was mentioned has got the controller included. I got the normal Dream Machine and quite pleased with it.

The Dream Machine Pro that was mentioned has got the controller included. I got the normal Dream Machine and quite pleased with it.
Exactly. Just read the posts but I went for the Pro for this reason. And the Ubiquity Threat Management seems to be highly efficient. I plan to install everything before this weekend. Will let you know.

Back