• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Hi Fidelity Pure Audio (Blu Ray Audio) on K

Well, this is great. K might not play nice with SACD/DVD Audio, but it sure seems to work with High Fidelity Pure Audio. I just loaded Selling England by the Pound (what can I say? I still like prog rock) in my Vault and not only a I getting music but I also seem to have the full range of playback options. 2.0/5.1 PCM plus 2.0/5.1 DTS HD. Eureka! Great sounding multi-channel audio with K. Here's hoping HFPA does't have an early grave, like SACD/DVD Audio, and that a decent catalogue emerges on this format.

p.s. mildly surprised that there aren't oner posts on this topic. Am I alone in rejoicing?

Yes, I have 2 BR audio-only discs that play just fine. The main negative with this format is that it is required to output video at the same time. This means that if you import it takes up almost as much space as a BR movie. It works well just playing from the trey when I have the urge to listen.

John

Having owned the Genesis box sets since they were available and had them on my system for that same I can say you are not alone in rejoicing - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway is my favourite..... Long live 'Prog Rock'.

Same here. The reason this works just fine is because it uses the exact same sound formats as a BR movie. I think there are some Rush discs that also are done in this format.

I loaded all of my 5.1 DTS surround CDs, no problem. You can also load DVD-Audio discs, but it will only rip the Dolby Digital or DTS tracks, not the hi-rez ones. They do take forever to rip, and show up as Movies. FYI.

Back