• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Help Get K Into Movies Anywhere

Yea, I have to make a decision, movie by movie, where I purchase. For instance, my wife uses Vudu as her browsing tool. If we are together, she will say, "do we have that on Kaledescape," but she doesn't start there for a variety of reasons, not the least of which that not all of our movies are on K.

So, if it's a movie that my wife is likely to watch regularly, like Christmas movies or others that she might want to watch without me, I buy on Vudu. If it's a movie that we will likely only watch together, or one where I really want no compromise on the picture/sound, then I buy on Kscape.

Obviously, Movies Anywhere (and underlying studio) is getting the sale regardless, but from K's standpoint, there are many purchases I would make on K to support them, if the movie transferred to Vudu, which I'm now buying on Vudu to make it easier for my wife.

The partnership, at this stage, certainly doesn't look like it has any promise anytime soon, which is very unfortunate. I, as others, have been sending requests to MA bi-weekly in attempts to show continuing support. After their follow up 'response' to our queries and creating a new email point of contact to send our requests, i have yet to receive an email response even acknowledging email(s) as before. So, in theory, our emails are very likely loading up in a spam type mailbox and falling on deaf ears, or they simply don't feel a need to acknowledge any receipt of these emails.
To date, as a source, MA doesn't offer selections from Paramount, MGM, or Lionsgate.

There is nothing to "update." K has already stated their position, as has MA (impliedly about K), and this has not changed. There is a lot more work that goes into this process than people realize. Separate from the contracts, which is itself a slow process (we lawyers bill by the hour), there are several logistical details as well. MA has their own schedule, and it is not affected by the personal desire of K owners, they will eventually get around to adding K, but on their terms and timetable. It's just business, and allocation of resources. They apparently work on one at a time, so obviously they are going to service the larger user base providers first because of their numbers. K is likely not high up on their "to do"list (I'm speculating here), and a year or two to these companies is just "normal course," but it can feel like forever to certain personality types waiting for the service.

There is no need for K to provide regular updates because there is nothing to update (they may also be restricted from making comments while the process is ongoing). It might help calm those that wake up every day wondering when MA will be available, but in the end it will be available when the process is complete. As far K not saying anymore than they've already said regarding MA because they would lose sales or current owners (implies they know it's not coming but are hiding that to make more sales), is in a word, RIDICULOUS. That said, a lack of communication allows for the formation of conspiracy theories, and implied negative motivations, so in that regard the occasional comment from K would be helpful for those people.

Jim

Now with coronavirus and many of us avoiding excess social encounters wouldn't it be great if KScape got Movies Anywhere to encourage even more of us to watch movies at home?

I take it there hasn't been any movement toward MA and K integration in 2020?

We will not get any advanced info, so hard to know where exactly K stands with MA. I'm now hearing unconfirmed rumors (meaning no real value at present) that MA itself might not survive, or if it does it will be limited to a handful of studios, but I'm also told they're fine, and plan to sign more partners. Interesting that we still see studios creating their own content access sites.

Jim

Personally, I would like to have the ability to stream from the Kaleidescape app on iPhone/iPad. The currently available streaming trailers seem to be working reliable. It is probably easier to negotiate streaming rights with studios than waiting for Movies Anywhere. Plus you could potentially get all major studios. Paramount and others are missing from Movies Anywhere. To make up for loss of porting currently owned movies from Movies Anywhere, they could provide a credit when purchasing a player with storage or a server. Purchase a Terra and get $1000 movie credits.

We clearly are paying a premium to have the best quality while at home, but it would be nice to stream a movie while traveling.

I was trying to fire another salvo at Movies Anywhere to raise awareness about Kaleidescape some more. I feel it's worth doing every now and again. This time, I was thinking to try their Facebook page.

I made a post on it today and cross posted to the Kaleidescape Users Group on Facebook. A few people from the users group have liked my post and made a couple of their own. I suggest people from here take a few minutes, visit the MA FB site, and post/like posts/comment to show your support.

I was trying to fire another salvo at Movies Anywhere to raise awareness about Kaleidescape some more. I feel it's worth doing every now and again. This time, I was thinking to try their Facebook page.

I made a post on it today and cross posted to the Kaleidescape Users Group on Facebook. A few people from the users group have liked my post and made a couple of their own. I suggest people from here take a few minutes, visit the MA FB site, and post/like posts/comment to show your support.
Great idea,

Just liked and commented on their page.

We have all been waiting for this for a while and we are starting to get close to the year mark. Has anyone tried to see if Vudu, or now that they are connected with FandangoNow, was an option for K to link to? Maybe this could be an easier option for K if MA is not actively working on linking.

We have all been waiting for this for a while and we are starting to get close to the year mark. Has anyone tried to see if Vudu, or now that they are connected with FandangoNow, was an option for K to link to? Maybe this could be an easier option for K if MA is not actively working on linking.

Per Cheena's recent post:

Kaleidescape is working on this and is considering other methods for portability assuming MA remains a closed option for them. The feedback is pretty clear and understood by Kaleidescape that some level of portable rights is a major concern for owner's and prospective buyers of the platform.

It has been more than a year since the last comment but I assume there is still no news and no progress. Unfortunately, most of the movie buying is my house is driven by the kids and they care about streaming much more than they care about quality. I really wish this could be solved so that we could have both but until that is the case, K is selling us very few movies.

It has been more than a year since the last comment but I assume there is still no news and no progress. Unfortunately, most of the movie buying is my house is driven by the kids and they care about streaming much more than they care about quality. I really wish this could be solved so that we could have both but until that is the case, K is selling us very few movies.
Yeah, I find it hard to buy movies for the kids when I can stream them since they don't care about the audio or video quality so long as it is passable to their ears. I'm still buying movies for myself on K though.

Has there been any news at all on this front in the last year, or do we just assume K is too small a player to join into Movies Anywhere or they just would prefer to have only purchases and not let people buy elsewhere and download on K systems?

Back