• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Help Get K Into Movies Anywhere

Personally, I don’t think that we will ever see full bidirectional support like we had with UV.

Titles in the K store are (understandably) priced higher than other retailers, and that caused a lot of people to shop elsewhere, which was unsustainable for K.

When UV was first available, it was one direction only (purchase from K and get a UV copy). You couldn’t port movies into the store. I think something like that would be a good compromise. You could purchase once (at K) and you could have it everywhere. They could even have some digital offers like their current disc to digital discounts (MA to K pricing). This would at least give some discount to folks that already have a large library.

This type of arrangement would likely anger the other retailers, which is where the delay is coming from.

This is all speculation of course, and I still want MA support. This is just my current expectation.

P.S. I have “given up” on MA. I purchase titles from K and don’t worry about having it elsewhere. When I need something portable, I can get by with Netflix, Disney Plus, etc. If K ever gets MA, I’ll consider it a nice bonus.

Last edited:
It's very unfortunate that K doesn't support MA. All of our family/kid movies are bought from MA retailers. That way they can easily be watched by the kids on any TV in the house and downloaded to iPads for trips. I only buy movies for myself on K.

Full MA support would be ideal, but I would be satisfied with one-way only.

Personally, I don’t think that we will ever see full bidirectional support like we had with UV.

Titles in the K store are (understandably) priced higher than other retailers, and that caused a lot of people to shop elsewhere, which was unsustainable for K.

When UV was first available, it was one direction only (purchase from K and get a UV copy). You couldn’t port movies into the store. I think something like that would be a good compromise. You could purchase once (at K) and you could have it everywhere. They could even have some digital offers like their current disc to digital discounts (MA to K pricing). This would at least give some discount to folks that already have a large library.

This type of arrangement would likely anger the other retailers, which is where the delay is coming from.

This is all speculation of course, and I still want MA support. This is just my current expectation.

P.S. I have “given up” on MA. I purchase titles from K and don’t worry about having it elsewhere. When I need something portable, I can get by with Netflix, Disney Plus, etc. If K ever gets MA, I’ll consider it a nice bonus.

I could live with one way. Considering K nearly shut their doors just a few years ago, I don't like having all my media with one, small company. I would be fine paying the higher K prices for many of the titles, if I also got an MA license for use elsewhere/backup to K.

Back