• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

help adding used 1u server

Jplim

I purchased a 1U from a seller on this forum. The item arrived poorly packaged with the drives inside the 1u and the front panel off (likely happened in transport). Some of the drives had also partially popped out of the server. At least 2 of the drive clips securing it in place has broken. I'm trying to epoxy it together. One of the drives is stuck in place and cannot be removed (I assume this is from a clip issue). The unit came without a power cord. Needless to say I am disappointed. However, I did have an extra power cord lying around (from another kscape component) so I was able to power it on. Surprisingly all the lights are blue (all drives have 1 out of 2 blue lights on and the front panel is also blue). I can see the server and have added it to my system but I cannot access it even when I try to connect to the server using it's assigned IP address it simply times out. I've been asked to register the server to my email address which I did. When I go to my "components" section it says I have 2 servers but only shows one of them and my capacity has not changed at all. Is there something wrong? Could it be that the previous owner did not "unregister" the system from their side and now I cannot register it to me?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

JP

The box condition would be a good indicator of shipping damage, was it insured (always recommended when shipping Servers)?

I would NOT use epoxy as a fix for those clips, if they don't hold you will continually get failed drive messages and rebuilds.

Contact me directly and I'll see if I can help, assuming the Seller will not.

Jim
808-721-7839 (I'm currently back in Florida)

Back