• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Heavy Metal

thrillcat

I've had the UHD HDR remastered blu-ray of Heavy Metal since it came out. Will Kaleidescape be adding this to the store? Would really love to see it on here.

I've always loved this movie. While I was in college, it was out of print due to music licensing. We had an S-VHS copy from the annual one-time late-night Cinemax showing, and a local theater still had an original print that they would show on the first Friday night of every semester at midnight. It was a really fun experience, a la Rocky Horror Picture Show.

The remaster is fantastic. The long-awaited DVD release in the late 90s was pretty disappointing. The Blu-ray improved upon the audio, but the image was still flat. This most recent release, which was overseen directly by Ivan Reitman, is the best this film has ever been.

I've had the UHD HDR remastered blu-ray of Heavy Metal since it came out. Will Kaleidescape be adding this to the store? Would really love to see it on here.

I've always loved this movie. While I was in college, it was out of print due to music licensing. We had an S-VHS copy from the annual one-time late-night Cinemax showing, and a local theater still had an original print that they would show on the first Friday night of every semester at midnight. It was a really fun experience, a la Rocky Horror Picture Show.

The remaster is fantastic. The long-awaited DVD release in the late 90s was pretty disappointing. The Blu-ray improved upon the audio, but the image was still flat. This most recent release, which was overseen directly by Ivan Reitman, is the best this film has ever been.
The HD version was available in the store before. I don’t see it anymore. I am glad I bought it while it was available. It’s a great movie.

Agreed, I've cataloged my disc, so i'm ready!

Back