• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

HDMI over Ethernet - 18 Gbps possible?

Drhemi

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
After years of getting my system set up and working just right, we are unexpectedly looking for a new home. The home we are looking at has a centralized rack and runs HDMI over Ethernet to the various displays in the home. None of the displays are 4K, but I plan on changing that for 2 prime areas. There is also a theatre which seems to be wired the same, as there are no source components in the room nor much room for them. The projector is a Wolf Cinema circa 2013 or 2014 but I cannot see which model it is. I would like to go 4K HDR (maybe one of the new Sony PJs). There are Ethernet runs to the two display areas I am concerned about, but I do not know for the theatre other than to the projector itself.

Can the Strato or the Co-Star set up work like this? Are there 18Gbps HDMI over Ethernet products that would do the job? I believe the Premier system, if kept separate (no Co-Star) would be OK like this. I have always tried to keep my sources close by for short wire runs, HDMI or otherwise, so this is all very new to me. I am not sure what pre-wiring is present to allow connection of sources in these rooms should I try to change things.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Wayne

I have seen 18 Gbps products from Savant, Just Add Power, and Atlona. I know Kaleidescape specifies Atlona for providing two outputs from M500 player, but I am not familiar with any of these products.

Any installers out there have any input or experience with any of these?

Thanks,

Wayne

I’ve had good luck with the Transformative Engineering 18Gbps extenders. The Savant stuff looks to be awesome but is still a few weeks out. Just pay attention to cable type and length and you should be good.

Phil

Back