• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

HDCP issues with fiber optic HDMI cables …??

Andoreaw

Hello, I switched to a fiber optic HDMI cable and it looks like I am having what seems to be a HDCP issue: in the players in my Premiere system the Kaleidescape meno shows fine, but when I play a movie, the screen blacks out and I get no audio.

Some dvd movies play fine but most blu rays and dvds which were imported in the servers don’ t.. This happens on every player (M300, M500, M700…) in my system when using a fiber optic cable…

The strange thing is that when I use a normal copper cable I see no issues whatsoever…

I wonder what’ s happening… Is there a way to make the optic cables work with my system…..?

Why do you need fiber? Typically used for long runs to a 4K projector/display. The throughput rate might be too fast for 1080P or something. Not an expert here. SJ

I use fiber optic because I think it has superior quality even with 1080p sources, I have other full HD sources in my system with optic cables and no problems whatsoever, but with the Kaleodescape players I have these issues, very strange…

I've encountered more HDCP conundrums with my Kaleidescape than any other device I've used unfortunately. Actually, I think it's the only device I've ever had HDCP issues with, to think of it.

With my current Strato, I couldn't get HDCP working through my usual Belkin HDMI 2.1 cables I use for everything else and ended up reverting to the cable included in the box for connecting through my Marantz preamp.

I also saw HDCP issues with the Strato connecting through the Trinnov I'm currently demo'ing, which was resolved by moving to another input port on the Trinnov. So, I'm not sure possibly if the root of that issue is a bad HDMI input on the Trinnov.

That said, I do use fiber optic cables from my preamp to my projector. I was formerly using a Monoprice 18Gbps cable, but I just swapped it last night actually for a RUIPRO 48Gbps HDMI 2.1 cable to prepare for other future upgrades. The Monoprice was a 50' cable. The RUIPRO is a 65'. The times I have connected the Monoprice fiber directly between the Strato and projector to test or reset the connection, it has worked fine.

HDMI cables are some of the most inconsistent performance components we use in our systems.

Jim

I also saw HDCP issues with the Strato connecting through the Trinnov I'm currently demo'ing, which was resolved by moving to another input port on the Trinnov. So, I'm not sure possibly if the root of that issue is a bad HDMI input on the Trinnov.
Depending on the Trinnov model and HDMI card, they do make a 7 input HDMI card where the first 3 ports (HDMI 1-3) are defaulted to 1.4. They can be changed in the configuration settings to 2.0 but if you’re just demo’ing you may not have realized that.

Back