• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Grease HDR - DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio dropout

Hunter67

Audio dropped for a second at 1:21:47 to 1:21:48, this is consistent, I've played back over this timestamp a few times and it drops every time.

Can anyone else confirm they are getting the same dropout?

Audio dropped for a second at 1:21:47 to 1:21:48, this is consistent, I've played back over this timestamp a few times and it drops every time.

Can anyone else confirm they are getting the same dropout?
Just checked my HDR copy and I have the same audio dropout.

I'll check mine shortly and post.

Jim

Just checked mine, no drop out. I played in several times, started at 115 and played to 125, no drop outs. I don't remember any when we played the full movie several months ago, and that's consistent with this result.

Chain: Strato-C > Lumagen 5348 > Trinnov Altitude > Pro Audio Tech amps/speakers

Jim

Thanks for checking guys, hopefully we can get a few more to test on their end and post their results. I assume K can try to replicate on their end if we have a few others with the same issue.

Tested HDR download, no drop out. Strato c - Marantz SR 7010 - Sony XW6000ES.

I’ll also test in my main HT that’s through a Lumagen and follow back up.

Here's my equipment, Strato C to Denon x3700h as Pre/Pro Emotiva amps to Epson 5050ub
My equipment is Strato C - Denon X1700H - Sony XW6000ES, using Ruipro Fiber Optical HDMI cables. I also experienced a similar audio drop at the end of Alien HDR which I reported on another post.

No problems here either.

Strato C —> Lumagen 5348 -> Trinnov Altitude 32

John

My equipment is Strato C - Denon X1700H - Sony XW6000ES, using Ruipro Fiber Optical HDMI cables. I also experienced a similar audio drop at the end of Alien HDR which I reported on another post.
I didn't see that but can check if you give me a timestamp on Alien to check

I didn't see that but can check if you give me a timestamp on Alien to check
I'll see if I can get the timestamp, but it's in chapter 16, as Ripley is in the shuttle and the countdown to self destruct is counting down from 30, the audio drops out at 22. It's the same type of audio drop as the one in Grease. I see that users that are reporting no drop have very high end processors like Trinnov.

I'll see if I can get the timestamp, but it's in chapter 16, as Ripley is in the shuttle and the countdown to self destruct is counting down from 30, the audio drops out at 22. It's the same type of audio drop as the one in Grease. I see that users that are reporting no drop have very high end processors like Trinnov.
Thanks, I'll check it out tonight after work and report back

Not enough testing to be sure, but so far those experiencing the problem have Denon in common, which is very odd to get the same dropout at the same point in playback. High end processor or not, I wouldn't expect the Denon's to be the cause, we have many clients using Denon gear without any problem.

Jim

Not enough testing to be sure, but so far those experiencing the problem have Denon in common, which is very odd to get the same dropout at the same point in playback. High end processor or not, I wouldn't expect the Denon's to be the cause, we have many clients using Denon gear without any problem.

Jim
Thanks Jim. I’ve watched many movies on K since I got my system in Oct 2022 and Alien and Grease are the only two that have had an audio drop issue (and only once during the film), so I also don’t think the issue would be with the Denon.

Jim
I've experienced dropouts before over the past year since I've had my K-scape, I've never mentioned it before because I thought maybe it something with the download. The only other one I can remember having dropouts was the original Transformers. I'll download it again and get a timestamp if I can replicate it.

I think most of us have experienced the occasional dropout, it's just weird that two owners experienced the dropout at the same exact point in the same movie, while others, myself included, don't have the dropout. It would be interesting to know if you both downloaded on the same day.

Jim

I think most of us have experienced the occasional dropout, it's just weird that two owners experienced the dropout at the same exact point in the same movie, while others, myself included, don't have the dropout. It would be interesting to know if you both downloaded on the same day.

Jim
Thanks Jim, I downloaded Grease on April 11th

Jim
Just to clarify. With the audio drop in Alien I deleted the download and re-downloaded the film and the audio drop was still there. That would lead me to believe that the issue is with the audio track. What it odd is that only certain users experience the issue. That may have to do with the hardware used for audio playback.

Maybe there's an audio glitch in the current version, I downloaded my copy quite awhile ago. We'll see if others that downloaded recently have the same problem. In any case, I'm sure the Store folks are now aware of this issue, it seems more logical that it's something in the current download (IMO).

Jim

Back