• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Goldfinger: Difficult Reading Movie

Ken P

Great to have the Bond movies in the store!

But have downloaded this movie twice, and each version stutters and / or stops playing with the accompanying screen pop-up “Difficulty reading movie”.

it appears this issue occurs at approx the same locations in the film following restart from the beginning, and repeats at least during the first 7 minutes of the movie.

Sorry Shirley Bassey!

Could be a SMERSH or SPECTRE reprisal?

Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon?

Great to have the Bond movies in the store!

But have downloaded this movie twice, and each version stutters and / or stops playing with the accompanying screen pop-up “Difficulty reading movie”.

it appears this issue occurs at approx the same locations in the film following restart from the beginning, and repeats at least during the first 7 minutes of the movie.

Sorry Shirley Bassey!

Could be a SMERSH or SPECTRE reprisal?

Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon?

I got same problem before in incredible 2 and there is a thread I made that time the problem resolve when I upgrade my network switches to gigabit and then problem resolve and never see this problem

Note that before I upgrade my network every thing was work accept this movie in also a practical scene so maybe u need to have a look on ur network and advice u to give there support a shot they are very excellent to diagnostic ur problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your response.

Just a clarification, I’m having issues with the HDR download.

Have left a voicemail for K Tech Support, and unfortunately, the third download attempt did not resolve the issue.

Thanks for your response.

Just a clarification, I’m having issues with the HDR download.

Have left a voicemail for K Tech Support, and unfortunately, the third download attempt did not resolve the issue.

Just have a look to ur network connection my problem resolve from here and I was get the same message i download the content more than 3 times later I realize that was network issue not k or a failure in my hard drive just change my network switches to gigabit resolve all the matter

I am not saying it’s for sure the same but take a look is a good thing and sure the support will guide u batter than me

My thanks to Ahmad78 and apologies to 007 and Kaleidescape.

Appears I’m having switch or Cat 6 cable issues.

What better way to spend time during the Stay Home Order than troubleshooting a network system?

My thanks to Ahmad78 and apologies to 007 and Kaleidescape.

Appears I’m having switch or Cat 6 cable issues.

What better way to spend time during the Stay Home Order than troubleshooting a network system?

Good to hear that

No batter days the now

Stay safe and enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw playback problems like that early on in the testing of Strato C. It turned out that I had forgotten that a little local switch in my viewing room was only 100Mbit, while the rest of my home's wired infrastructure was gigabit. Depending on the movie, our bitrates can exceed 100Mbit/sec. If it's momentary, the system's caches are often able to keep there from being a visible disruption, but if the rate stays high for long enough, the cache can be exhausted and then you see a glitch.

Hopefully it's something simple to find! I'm going to be spending the evening toning out a network jack in my theater so I can install a wireless access point in there to better support my iPhone, so I'm right there with you in network-land.

Caches do work for sure. I was doing some work on one of my zones and accidentally disconnect the Stratos Ethernet cable from the switch. The movie kept playing and then finally stopped. Cool that the players have this built in. SJ

Back