• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Godzilla - Minus One

I am literally getting bombarded with customers asking when this is coming to Kaleidescape. It's up on Netflix ITunes and others right now, and went instantly to #1 on Netflix over the weekend.

Kaleidescape, what's up with this title? I've never had more people ask me about when a movie is coming to the service - it's wild!

I have the 4K Japanese disc and it's been my primary demo disc for months now - the Atmos mix is one of the best ever. Would MUCH rather demo this on the K. :)
I guess everyone should email movies@kaleidescape.com and ask for it... If they get 100+ emails about the same movie, I suppose someone at K will at least pick up the phone to call the distributor and see what's up?

True. Do you know something I don't? :)

2024 is Godzilla's 70th anniversary, and Toho has been celebrating by releasing 4K restorations of many of the original films - in Japan only.

They've also invested a ton of money in their U.S. operations recently.

Would be wonderful to see all this product come to the U.S., specifically Kaleidescape. :)

K + Toho = win. I'll buy them all!

This now makes me want to wait to watch Godzilla -1 though, and I'm tired of waiting!

There is now a US only release of the Japanese disc Box set that’s been announced. Comes with English subtitles on the main feature.

So perhaps there is now hope that it will come to Kaleidscape!

Yes, that's one of the versions I'm buying twice. I'll also get it on when/if it comes out on K. I'm just settling into the reality that I may need to buy something twice as a tax on my urgency to get something immediately. At the same time, I'm also busy, and might just forget to spend $65 on a disc.

I purchased the Japanese Box set imported into the UK. No subtitles so had to load them via my Oppo player.

It’s the first disc that I have purchased in 5 years but will double dip straight away if it comes out on Kscape.

The audio is amazing and steaming isn’t a patch on the disc version. Let’s hope they do a deal with Toho soon.

Back