• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Ghostbusters Soundtrack Problem

dlittle

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Hi

Hopefully someone from Kaleidescape will see this post -

I just tried watching the new Ghostbusters movie (HD version) and discovered that the soundtrack (DTS Master Audio) was all screwed up - levels from all speakers blasting way too loud, and the same audio (it sounded like) from all the speakers. The DTS stereo track sounds fine. I checked my system (Datasat) and listened to another DTS Master Audio soundtrack, which was fine.

Hopefully this reaches someone at Kaleidescape who can take a listen.

Thanks
Dave Little

Dave,

I just checked this in my own theater. You're right, something's not right with the soundtrack on this title in the Blu-ray quality version. I'm very sorry about that. I'm not sure if you have a Strato or not, but the 4K Ultra HD audio is fine.

We will investigate and correct the problem. Thanks for letting us know!

Mike

Thanks for checking this out - you're an awesome resource for us again!!

No Strato yet - will be buying 3, and 2 or 3 Terras once the integration software is complete.

Can you let us know if a new version of Ghostbusters becomes available?

Again, many thanks Mike!

Dave Little

I will do my best to remember to give you an update. The Blu-ray quality title has been disabled on the Movie Store in the meantime, although since you already own it, you'll still see it. If you were to view the Movie Store while not logged in, though, you'd see that it is not there. So, that's a fallback test: if you can see the title back on the store again while not logged in, then a new version is up.

I would expect this to take more than a couple of days to resolve, since we will have to track down why the audio is not as it should be, and then generate a new package.

Thanks again for letting us know!

I just re-downloaded this title and the audio problem seems to be fixed - at least on the HD version.

John

Thanks, John. I'm sorry I didn't post here proactively, but it has indeed been fixed and the corrected version is live on the Movie Store.

If you have the affected Blu-ray quality version, please delete it and download again to get the updated audio.

Back