• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Getting content that was on my 24tb Terra server that died on to my new 72tb Terra Server

bdgarcia

Hello,

My 24tb Terra Server died a couple of months ago. I used the credit KScape gave me for the dead 24tb unit to purchase a new 72tb unit. Is there anyway to have the Kscape store automatically download the content to the new Terra Server or is there a way to get a list of what I own that is no longer on a server. Hopefully there is some non-painful way to do this.

Thx
Bryan

Bryan, I'll call you shortly, but you can go into your Store account, under the Manage option select My Movies, then select Enable Filtering on the right side of the page, then select "Not downloaded to" to see the movies you own that are not downloaded. Try this first, if that doesn't work because of the way your other server bricked, I'll get Support involved.

Jim

We recently added a feature that allows you to "restore" content from a failed component to the replacement component. This is easier than going through the store interface and will put exactly the same content onto the new component that was on the old one. I'm not sure if the Terra was the only server in your system or if there were other components with storage, so I can't suggest precise steps to follow. You may wish to contact our support team who can walk you through it.

I recently had a failed hard drive on my system. The system automatically started loading the missing movies to my other Terra (likely because it had the most free space). Assume it would work the same with your system.. SJ

That's right, if there are any other storage components in the system, although there are some caveats. For example, we reserve some amount of free space on the remaining components to ensure that you have enough room to buy something new if you want.

You can check out this Knowledge Base article for more details. Unfortunately, that article doesn't very clearly describe the case of a complete failure of a full-size Terra (this is quite rare). It's geared more towards a single drive failure.

The reason that the answer varies in the case of a Terra failure is because if you have other storage components in your system, your replacement Terra will be added to the existing system. In this situation, there's a procedure to mark the old server as failed using the My Systems page on the movie store, which will then trigger restoration of its content onto the new server.

If the failed server was your only component with storage, than you'll basically be registering the new Terra as a new system, and then adding your players to it. During the registration process, it will give you the option of restoring content from your old system.

Last edited:
Back