• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Get rid of Shuffle....please

dreaux

Please get rid of the shuffle. I can't disable it because I have the Alto with the DV700.

It is most annoying feature, I have no need to know what is related to the movie I have highlighted.

Every time I see the shuffle I feel like taking Dramamine.

Hmmm. I do have the option to turn it off, but have found that I really like it. surfaces some interesting things for me. To each his own, though. Alto users should at least get the option on this one, like we've got on the Premier line.

For some reason it makes me dizzy. Just when I want to go to another movie it moves away. Maybe in time Alto will give me a choice, might just a software update.

Howdy folks. Resurrecting a bit of an old thread here, but wanted to let you know that kOS 10.6 has begun rolling out to customer systems (this will take a couple of weeks to work through all systems), and this feature is now implemented. In your onscreen Settings option on Alto or Strato, there's a new "System" page, and the option exists there to choose between automatic shuffle or keeping covers alphabetized.

Note that this feature behaves slightly differently from the corresponding option in kOS 8.3.x on Premiere. On Premiere, if you elect to alphabetize your covers, then as soon as you press the Shuffle button on your remote control, the covers shuffle and automatic shuffling is enabled. In 10.6, pressing shuffle shuffles the covers, but does not enable auto-shuffle. You must press the shuffle button each time you want to shuffle.

To return your covers to alphabetical order, you can send the ALPHABETIZE_COVER_ART command via the control protocol, or you can just re-select the Covers place using the Main Menu. (i.e., press Menu, OK on your remote)

I anticipate that systems on the 8.x software branch will be updated to the new behavior of the Shuffle button the next time there's an 8.x release. I don't have a date to announce for that at this time.

Thanks for the update Mike.

Jim

Howdy folks. Resurrecting a bit of an old thread here, but wanted to let you know that kOS 10.6 has begun rolling out to customer systems (this will take a couple of weeks to work through all systems), and this feature is now implemented. In your onscreen Settings option on Alto or Strato, there's a new "System" page, and the option exists there to choose between automatic shuffle or keeping covers alphabetized.

Note that this feature behaves slightly differently from the corresponding option in kOS 8.3.x on Premiere. On Premiere, if you elect to alphabetize your covers, then as soon as you press the Shuffle button on your remote control, the covers shuffle and automatic shuffling is enabled. In 10.6, pressing shuffle shuffles the covers, but does not enable auto-shuffle. You must press the shuffle button each time you want to shuffle.

To return your covers to alphabetical order, you can send the ALPHABETIZE_COVER_ART command via the control protocol, or you can just re-select the Covers place using the Main Menu. (i.e., press Menu, OK on your remote)

I anticipate that systems on the 8.x software branch will be updated to the new behavior of the Shuffle button the next time there's an 8.x release. I don't have a date to announce for that at this time.

How should we set for costar Strato/Alto systems? Thanks. SJ

Assuming that all your playback zones are standalone Strato or Strato + Premiere Co-Star pairs, then yes, you just set it in the settings on one of the Strato players. (The setting applies system-wide.)

If you have un-paired Premiere players in some zones, then you’d also probably want to set the setting in the browser interface of the Premiere system so that all of your zones behave consistently.

Do any of the recent changes make it possible to permanently alphabetize the covers view on a 2nd gen C1?

Not yet, because some additional changes are necessary to add the setting to the onscreen interface, but the plan is to make it consistent.

Back