• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Get Rid of Bluray Banners!

K-Addicted

I’ve noticed that downloaded movies from the movie store have better cover art than physical blurays that are catalouged, and take advantage of the way they are displayed in covers view. I would love it if the blurays that are catalouged would show the same cover art found in the K store and maintain some uniformity by placing the bluray icon in the bottom right corner like the HD, HDR, and UHD icons when in cover view.

Just my 2 cents.....

How do you know if it’s a BD disc in a Disc vault or catalogued to your library?

The Banner helps users differentiate.

A simple BR or BD in the bottom right corner would be all thats needed to maintain uniformity. Does a vault display a BR disk differently than just a catalouged BR disk? (Don’t own one....yet).

I actually like the blue banners. It lets me identify discs very quickly as I am paging through lists or doing a cover art view. If it was just a BR in the bottom right corner I would have to look closer to identify whether BR or HD.

John

It would be a bit of an onerous task if you have a large collection of Blu-ray discs catalogued but you could always replace the cover art with your own custom cover art that doesn't have the Blu-ray cover treatment on it.

Another vote for liking how they currently do the Blu-ray banners. Quick and easy to tell which ones needs a disc to play. As has been said, an icon in the corner would make it less obvious.

What would be a good idea is if they would allow us to add the blu-ray banner ourselves. Especially as now they seem to have given up completely updating everything via the send barcode feature, I've got blu-rays from months ago with no cover art. This is something I have written to them about and a feature I've asked for, alongside the ability to add more than one disc to one cover for unrecognised box sets. Still no reply as yet.

I've made over two hundred covers now. I made my own template that mimics the k one to insert the art. I have mixed feeling about changing it now but one thing is the proportion of the area for the cover art with the template ,as large as it is, does make it more difficult to produce good art using posters etc available on the internet.

Back