• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

FOR SALE: FS: Alto 6Tb and DV700 Vault

ccool96

Both units in great condition and fully functional!

Alto 6Tb - SOLD - SN 0507 00010346

DV700 Vault $2500 OBO - SN 0603 00010807

Alto has had the Blu-ray drive replaced. Comes with replacement back plate sticker.

Both items double boxed in original boxes. Ships from south Florida. Willing to ship within lower 48 USA. Shipping cost not included.

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer and longtime AVS’r with same username.

812091b20f90c8c954d15e3fc49633e6.jpg

9e775831a429a4841472efd568951224.jpg

846d730d2324aab0cec8f2a43172283c.jpg

8749fb36ed47c0729b02e07c257284db.jpg

d98855cf2454a45099eeab555254a745.jpg

94404396ac61dc094922d9048ac570c4.jpg

6be86f884ddfcd9b07a04e2d1a4a513a.jpg

1e710242c2e30aa9dafa4e2e97ef9f0b.jpg

1da0c31fb4659bda480a0bd76dd2d070.jpg

0ccb0911e1e0086ed13cad4c98b2b4c7.jpg

d77a12426676d33525bfc740432d0570.jpg

6f7888b664ebc93d121c954236f37cf2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
For those that don't know this Seller, he's highly respected in the industry, very trustworthy, and will do what he says he'll do, you will not have any issues in buying from him. You can absolutely trust what he states in his listing regarding the components for sale.

Jim

qual a diferença da dv 700 para a dv 700 R ?? a unidade é quase nova com muito pouco uso ?? como uma nova ? chegaria em 2600 u$ ?

Will an Alto be able to connect and work with 1U servers? Perhaps with a co star switch? Or not at all?

No. Not at all. The Alto cannot connect with any Premiere components (except the Vaults when used for physical disc playback). The Co-Star switch requires a Strato, the Alto will not work to control a Co-Star directly. A Strato is required as the main control component with a Co-Star, an Alto cannot be used for this purpose, BUT, an Alto can be connected to a Co-Star if it is paired with a Vault for playback of physical discs stored in the Vault. In that setup, the Alto would be connected to the #2 HDMI Input on the Co-Star switch, while the required Strato would be connected to the #1 HDMI Input on the Co-Star switch (as required to use Co-Star).

Edit: I added the last two sentences for additional clarity.

Jim

Last edited:
desculpe o atraso, a mensagem estava na caixa de extensão .. eu não quero fazer muitas perguntas, mas necessária sabre:

este equipamento semelhante a um novo?

quando um equipamento é recondicionado pela kaleidescape ele fica
como novo? afinal ele foi recondicionado, pois teve um problema grave ... certo? ...

desculpe o atraso, a mensagem estava na caixa de extensão .. eu não quero fazer muitas perguntas, mas necessária sabre:

este equipamento semelhante a um novo?

quando um equipamento é recondicionado pela kaleidescape ele fica
como novo? afinal ele foi recondicionado, pois teve um problema grave ... certo? ...

Sent PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I previously had an Alto when I had the DV700. Now I have neither. Will the DV700 work with a Strato C and the new 12TB server?

I previously had an Alto when I had the DV700. Now I have neither. Will the DV700 work with a Strato C and the new 12TB server?
DV700 only plays DVDs. No imports, no Blu-ray playback however it will catalog DVDs and Blu-rays for disc to digital. Cataloged DVDs will appear on the OSD but Blu-rays won’t. Cataloged Blu-rays will only show in the browser interface aka only there for converting to digital.

You do need an Alto if you want Blu-ray disc playback too.

Back