• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

OFF-TOPIC Forum Members, Enter to Win Store Credits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, we're getting more entries than I anticipated. I have therefore decided to increase first place to $300, add a second place prize of $200, and increase the number of $100 wins to 5 winners, up from 3.

Good luck to all!

Jim
Very generous of you Jim!
You continue to make this a community, not just a forum...
Thank you!

Hi Folks, as a way of saying "thank you," to our forum members (all members), I'm conducting one my occasional forum give-away drawings. The drawing will be held January 1, 2021. There will be 7 winners, the first receiving a $300 Store credit, the second will receive $200, and the other 5 names drawn will receive a $100 Store credit. If you are interested in participating, just add a post to this thread indicating "Include me" (or anything like that).

This is NOT a "marketing" thing, you guys know we don't do that, but if you are selected I will need your Store email address to get the credits applied (don't post it publicly, and I don't need it unless to win, and you can send it to me privately). Your email will not be used for ANY purpose other than getting the credits posted. Kaleidescape is not involved in this contest.

Must enter by Midnight December 31, 2020.

Good luck!

Jim
Thanks Jim--for doing this and all you do for this forum. Please include me.

Thank you Jim for this very generous offer!
Please add my name to the drawing as well.

I hope all is well with you and yours.
Best regards and Happy New Year!

Cameron

Please add me to the contest. Jim, thanks for this and all you do for the K* community.

Happy New Year everyone!

Thank you Jim, this forum is great and appreciate all you and others do to make it a great community and wealth of information on Kscape. Please add my name to the drawing. Happy New Year!

Got you all, thank you! Happy New Year to everyone! Let's hope we have a better 2021, it's hard to believe it could be any worse!!

We will have the drawing tomorrow, by Noon EST. I may post some pics of the drawing, but the process involves me placing all the names in a bag and having my youngest Son (he's 6) pick one at a time. My oldest Son (10yo) will be watching as well. He's now interested because $100 of his funds are a part of the prize. Here's the back story: A few days ago he learned about this drawing, and when I explained the prizes he commented that first place should be $300 "because $200 doesn't really buy a lot of movies." I listened for a few minutes, letting him explain his logic, and when he was finished I told him I agreed, and then sent him to his room to take $100 from his savings and bring it to me. He was a bit surprised, and of course being a 10 yo he pushed back questioning why he should have to pay given it is my contest. My answer was simple:

"Don't obligate someone else's money without being willing to obligate your own." Lesson learned, he now understands what it is to be a politician!😄

Jim

Got you all, thank you! Happy New Year to everyone! Let's hope we have a better 2021, it's hard to believe it could be any worse!!

We will have the drawing tomorrow, by Noon EST. I may post some pics of the drawing, but the process involves me placing all the names in a bag and having my youngest Son (he's 6) pick one at a time. My oldest Son (10yo) will be watching as well. He's now interested because $100 of his funds are a part of the prize. Here's the back story: A few days ago he learned about this drawing, and when I explained the prizes he commented that first place should be $300 "because $200 doesn't really buy a lot of movies." I listened for a few minutes, letting him explain his logic, and when he was finished I told him I agreed, and then sent him to his room to take $100 from his savings and bring it to me. He was a bit surprised, and of course being a 10 yo he pushed back questioning why he should have to pay given it is my contest. My answer was simple:

"Don't obligate someone else's money without being willing to obligate your own." Lesson learned, he now understands what it is to be a politician!

Jim

Happy new year to you Jim and all ur family ..and ALL the folks here at the owners forum and wish a very successful year to K and more folks join us and hope it bring more great things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got you as well, thanks.

Jim

Happy New Year everyone. I sure love this forum. I know more about Kscape then my installer does by a long shot thanks to this site. And Jum, you have been good to me for years. I sure do appreciate it. Please include me on the giveaway. Cheers.
Chris

"Don't obligate someone else's money without being willing to obligate your own." Lesson learned, he now understands what it is to be a politician!😄

Jim
Jim,
Great Upbringing of your Kids ... not sure any of us want to take a Kids savings ... The best part is looks like your kid is a movie lover and knows 200 don't buy much so hopefully he will strive for excellence.
Love the story.

Jim,
Great Upbringing of your Kids ... not sure any of us want to take a Kids savings ... The best part is looks like your kid is a movie lover and knows 200 don't buy much so hopefully he will strive for excellence.
Love the story.

Not sure there's one right way to help our kids learn these small lessons. I usually weigh out the potential benefits against any potential harm, and more often than not, I make the point through dialogue. In any case, not to worry, he'll earn it back in the coming days, and obviously I'd never actually use my children's savings to fund any of my activities, including this contest. (BTW, we were both smiling during this process, and he later hugged me and said "I love you Dad." I'm VERY close to my children, and given my age they understand our time together will likely not be as long as most Fathers, so they kindly indulge me when it comes to teaching points that I think are important.. Not everyone would agree, and I certainly understand and respect that, fortunately my kids "get it."☺️)

EDIT: It's funny how we can read into things when an ambiguity is created. I just had someone ask (politely) if my comment "more often than not, I make my point with dialogue" means that on other occasions I might get "physical" with kids. I guess it could be read that way, but the answer is absolutely not! While I don't judge parenting by others, we personally do not believe physical punishment of children results in any positive benefit, and risks creating long term issues carried into adulthood. Neither my wife nor I would ever get physical with our kids, ever. My comment meant that on occasion we take something from them, as opposed to correcting behavior through dialogue only. I use the term dialogue because I do allow them to try to defend their conduct. This allows me to understand their thinking and make appropriate corrections to that thinking. Tough to be a parent!!:)

Jim

Last edited:
Entries now closed, thanks to all that took the time to enter! I will post the winners at some point before Noon today. As you all know, this was only intended to close out this crazy year with a little fun, it was never about the prizes, those are negligible.

Josh and I really appreciate all of you, and are grateful for the contributions you all make to this little community. We wish you all the best, hope you have a happy, HEALTHY, and prosperous new year.

Stay well friends!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back