• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Forum makeover - any skilled graphic designers out there?

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Look up at the top of this screen. ^^^^^^^

yeah, that K.O. Forum logo and the picture of the Kaleidescape gear are pretty ugly and/or out-of-date.

I'd like to give that masthead a little makeover but i don't have the graphics skills to do it. Anyone who would care to take a shot at a new K.O.F. logo or the right-side Kaleidescape gear image, I'd welcome submissions!

--josh

Last edited:
If your design is selected, you'll also receive 25 movie credits at the K Store (or the equivalent cash credit toward any K component if you do not have access to the U.S. K Store).

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
If your design is selected, you'll also receive 25 movie credits at the K Store (or the equivalent cash credit toward any K component if you do not have access to the U.S. K Store).

Jim
Wow... how'd he do that?!

AND... I'll throw in a 6-month premium membership here on the forum. (Or extension to your current premium or patron membership).

How long have we got?
Let's try for end of this month.

Just a reminder!

I'd try knock something up for 25 credits in the UK store ! Credit towards k-scape hardware is useless to me.

If your Logo is selected I'll make it happen (25 credits in UK Store).:)

Jim

How's this coming along? Just curious if we have any entries or not.

How's this coming along? Just curious if we have any entries or not.

alas, not a one.
forum stays ugly and out-of-date for a while more i guess.

I would help but:

1. My D-BOX Owners Forum needs a makeover more

2. My makeover would probably not look better than what you have now

So... no callout of the new design, or just trying some different options to see what sticks?

Ha. You're the first to notice (or at least to comment)!
Well, we got one submission and it was really good, but used the kaleidescape logo which we can't do. :(

So I made this new one myself while bored on a cross-country flight. Not anything special... just went for something a little cleaner.

I liked the old logo better:)

I can't tell if that's sarcastic or not. But yikes... the old one with the blue dots was really starting to bum me out. It was really ugly in my view.
So you really like it better, or was that a joke?

Here they are side-by-side:

Old:
KOF%20Header%20left.JPG
New:
KOF%20Header%20left2.jpg

But if anyone wants to try another, i'll still happily take submissions.

And we really need a new right-side image... the medley of Kaleidescape gear. Maybe one of our new friends from Kaleidescape can convince their marketing team to make me a more up-to-date one?

I actually like the old one with the dots.

Huh! Thanks for the feedback. Surprising, but Helpful. OK, that's two votes for the old logo. ("KOF Classic!") and one for the new one (received via PM by someone who wanted to vote privately).

(Irrelevant trivia - the dots were originally meant to evoke the blue lights that shined through the white translucent panel on the original 5U servers. But not sure it worked in practice due to my lack of design skills.)

MORE important to me than the left side is getting an updated right-side image of Kaleidescape gear. Will try to do it or, better yet, see if Kaleidescape has something or can make me one. They made the last one for me, many years ago.

And we really need a new right-side image... the medley of Kaleidescape gear. Maybe one of our new friends from Kaleidescape can convince their marketing team to make me a more up-to-date one?

But they keep re-releasing things in the same general chassis... besides, while throwing a 300 on the left won't change much, doesn't sticking a vault in the mix start to clutter things up and block the interface (cinemascope cannot fix everything, after all.)

Yes, it probably needs a rethink of how to lay it all out. the components would have to be shrunk a bit to see the UI.

Yes, it probably needs a rethink of how to lay it all out. the components would have to be shrunk a bit to see the UI.

Maybe inevitably, the Terra and Strato could replace the existing Premiere stuff. That way art could imitate life. :rolleyes: Also, if the backround were CinemaScape, that'd be cool.

Well, without any artists stepping up, i did my best to update the gear in the upper right corner.

old:
Header-Artwork2.jpg

new:
Header-Artwork4.jpg

it's not great, but it's the limit of my skills.

i kinda miss the open server with all the drives... but that's old-school Kaleidescape now.

:)
--josh

p.s. Thanks Jesse for finding the original source image. http://ce-pro.eu/images/wide_images/3_Kaleidescape_Encore.jpg
had to get it narrower, so i did my best to stack the components and then remove the black background.

Last edited:
Back