• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Folder naming

KTDJ

Hi all,

I am trying to use conductor to export my music off of my server but the folders being output have weird file names. (See attachment) Does anyone else know how to get the correct folder (Album) names to show?folder names.png

You don't need them unless it is just for 'your' filing purposes and to answer the question I don't think there is a way. When you import into for example iTunes or Plex etc. the names are resolved so as albums and tracks are shown in the 'real names' and all works as expected. Just remember to export at the highest sound quality as I don't think high is the default setting in Conductor.

MP3TAG

A very powerful piece of really cheap software.

Load the root folder, then run convert tags to filename. You can even specify pathing to get your directory structure how you want it.

Kevin D.

You don't need them unless it is just for 'your' filing purposes and to answer the question I don't think there is a way. When you import into for example iTunes or Plex etc. the names are resolved so as albums and tracks are shown in the 'real names' and all works as expected. Just remember to export at the highest sound quality as I don't think high is the default setting in Conductor.

Also, imports perfectly into Roon.

John

Solved!

To fix this your iTunes data folder must point to the same directory as the Kaleidescape data folder. Then All the albums will move from the Kaleidescape Data folder and into the next folder up, with the correct folder names. Thank you for your suggestions everyone!

correct folder.PNG

Back