• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Finding movies to download that are in my vault.

Mrci10

I couldn’t find a thread on this so here it is.

I’m trying to free up space in my disk vault. Thus I’m trying to purchase all the movies that are in the store that I already own on disk that is in my disk vault.

Is there a simple way to look that up?

Thanks.

Russ

I think it is the following.
From Kscape Store Website go to Manage then select Disc to Digital.

Keep in mind that the Disc to Digital shows ALL eligible discs, including cataloged discs that may, or may not be in your Vault. In addition, there "may" be movies you own that don't have that option available.

Jim

Hi Russ,

As you've figured already, but for the benefit of others, we don't have easy access to the digital offers functionality from the mobile app. You need to visit the movie store using a web browser. Sorry for the confusion. It's a balancing act between trying to keep the app simple and uncluttered, and giving access to full functionality.

Thanks for the reply’s. What happened is when the mobil app came out I thought it took over all the functions of of the movie store. I removed the movie store from my ipad and just started using the app.

Sometimes I fail to keep up with all the changes that are taking place. Anyway, thanks for setting me straight. Good news is I have many new movies that I can download from the store and remove from my vault.

For me, if the goal is to free up space specifically in a disc vault, then this "disc to digital" is less than ideal. I wish I could filter the list it produces by those that are on Blu-Ray, i.e. not showing the thousands of movies I have in DVD format on a premier server.

... related question: is there an easy way of showing titles stored on my servers for which I also have purchased a Movie-Store version, allowing me to delete the DVD- or Blu-Ray-based imported files?

Well maybe the tittle “Free up space in my vault” wasn’t the most accurate title I could’ve picked. What I’m wanting to do is upgrade from the Premier system. However, I had over 290 movies in my vault, that I thought weren’t available from the store. Turns out I was looking in the wrong spot. Looks like most of my movies are now available in the store. And now I’m currently downloading them and taking the disks out of the vault. Now the only thing holding me back from upgrading is finding a solution for my 2000 albums that are also stored on my K system. I want to try that new beta system for the records, but haven’t had the time to play with it.

Russ

For me, if the goal is to free up space specifically in a disc vault, then this "disc to digital" is less than ideal. I wish I could filter the list it produces by those that are on Blu-Ray, i.e. not showing the thousands of movies I have in DVD format on a premier server.
Couldn't you just set the filter to be HD and up?

... related question: is there an easy way of showing titles stored on my servers for which I also have purchased a Movie-Store version, allowing me to delete the DVD- or Blu-Ray-based imported files?
You could eject everything not needed for playback and then delete everything in-hand, but that store content planning sheet mentioned in the Strato-loading thread is probably more what you're looking for?

Back