• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Filmmaker Mode

TrackZ

Tom Cruise will be pleased! :)

It's good news and well overdue. Actually quite surprised at how quickly they brought it all together - I say quickly as who knows how long they were lobbying in the background before Tom and Jerry (Bruckheimer) did their Twitter video and brought it mainstream.

I wonder what role K will play in this, I guess send the metadata to the TV to implement Filmmaker mode. Also wonder how Lumagen will play a role in this too - I have Lumagen's in the chain to my main viewing room projector and to my Living Room Samsung.

I saw Panasonic mentioned their 2020 OLED adapts to the light and ambience of your room dynamically alongside Filmmaker mode - which my first laymen thought is this attempting to do what Lumagen does?

So, from a trusted source: "Filmmaker mode is just a new preset that can be accessed automatically on TV's...irrelevant to what the Lumagen does. All it does is turn off all the extra processing in the TV….a feature that Panasonic actually put in to their commercial plasma displays about 10 years ago at the request of folk who wanted to use them with external scalers like Lumagen's…they called it “scaler” mode."

This isn't a big deal for me. Any of us dedicated enough to spend time here or AVS or such probably already know what things to turn on and off in our setups. Still, it's a good idea in general. A box to tick on the Kaleidescape platform for sure.

I need Filmmaker Mode firmware updated into my JVC NX7 to make any use of it personally.

Back