• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Fifth Element ATMOS

todo

I noticed Leon The Professional in ATMOS is on K Store..
How about the 5th Element ATMOS version? Should we see it soon at the store?
Thanks.

I am also interested in when this might show up in the store. I just checked a minute ago, and the non-Atmos version is still the only currently available one.

It is now available as a digital offer for $1.99 for existing owners. Downloading now.

Interesting because I now see the new Atmos version available but it wants me to pay the FULL $14.99 for the new version :( and I got the BR copy from Kscape about a year ago.

Since this is the new 'Supreme version' it is only fair to expect a charge as a new disc for it... OTOH, I bought the Supreme disc which is in my vault and K Escape gave me a 1.99 upgrade...

Last edited:
I had previously done the $1.99 disc-to-digital upgrade from K. It is now a $5.99 upgrade to the Supreme Cinema Series version. Very reasonable!

John

I re-imported my old disc version (had previously upgraded to digital), then was able to upgrade for 1.99

Interesting. I must have bought it and not realized. It showed as available for download, but no fee. I already have a BD download on my Premiere system, but the new download shows as in progress, under a slightly different name, including "Supreme Cinema Series" as a suffix. Now if I can just get my Atmos system back up and running....

So, I have a question. How does one differentiate between two seemingly identical downloads? Both copies of Fifth Element, now that they are downloaded, don't have different titles any more. I guess to make sure, I could delete them both, and then download it again, but that seems wasteful. Is there not a way to differentiate them in "Movies" under the browser interface, so that I can delete the extra one? I was going to look at download arrival time, but when it's finished, that data doesn't show up in the movie info.

Look under collections in the NEW tab. Then send one to the trash. If the one in new disappears - recover it from trash and then delete the second one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip. I never really got far into those folders before. Didn't need to I guess. After a couple of tries, it worked out, but that's kinda crappy. There should be more metadata in each movie's description. At least a longer title, if there's a special edition like this, in order to differentiate the versions. It would be very good, especially in light of the fact that Dolby Atmos is a thing now, if there were info about the type of soundtrack, too. I am talking mainly about the browser interface, of course. The one we can use to manage our collection.

Thanks for the tip. I never really got far into those folders before. Didn't need to I guess. After a couple of tries, it worked out, but that's kinda crappy. There should be more metadata in each movie's description. At least a longer title, if there's a special edition like this, in order to differentiate the versions. It would be very good, especially in light of the fact that Dolby Atmos is a thing now, if there were info about the type of soundtrack, too. I am talking mainly about the browser interface, of course. The one we can use to manage our collection.

You can also edit the Title in the browser interface or change the artwork to the new Supreme Cinema Series artwork. It would be nice if it were already done this way but since K lumped them all together (which I like) I can see why this would be a problem.

John

I might like the new artwork. My main obstacle, in this case, is there was a dearth of information available with which to discern the variations between two otherwise identical titles. So, changing the artwork on one of them, via the edit function, would be great, but I didn't have a clue to which one I should edit! :)

I purchased 3 of Sony's Supreme Cinema Series discs (Bram Stoker's Dracula, Fifth Element, Leon the Professional) and decided to upgrade to HD downloads from the K store. Both Dracula and Fifth Element show as $1.99 upgrades via disc to digital, but Leon is a re-purchase with no disc to digital availability.

I wanted to confirm if others have had this same experience and to ask Kaleidescape if this is indeed correct.

Thanks,

Wayne

Anyone else not seeing the newer version of Fifth Element in the store after the redesign?

Well, now the Supreme Cinema version is back for me, but if I sort by Atmos movies, it's not in the list. The description shows Atmos soundtrack.

Back