• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Feeling very smug indeed!

phcjpp

You are probably not aware if you are reading this from the states but there has been a massive Broadband outage in the UK for the last few days. The red spots on the map show the people without internet!

BB.gif

Some builder managed to rip up a whole pipe of fibres that were running into one of the main broadband exchanges near London and took out 10,000's of peoples access! Not to mention mobile phones too (way to design a resilient network guys)!

22534808-7817277-A_worker_on_the_New_Malden_site_The_company_said_During_construc-a-31_1576976...jpg

The chap above looks far too happy by the way! The drill machine (sorry not a technical term I know) was so strong it apparently pulled the fibres out of the ground right back to the exchange.

Thankfully the kids and I were sat happily watching films on our KScape feeling very smug indeed!

Netflix and so forth not really that resilient after all :)

Happy Holidays to everyone.
Chris

I'm UK based and hadn't heard anything about this - a search hasn't really uncovered much (other than a localised Virgin Media outage) and nothing on the BBC - you got a link to this story. Would have thought there would have been more uproar had this affected as many as you suggest.

Certainly no outages of any kind for me and according to that map we're right in the middle of a "hot spot".

Agree with you on the 'smug'feeling though when there is downtime

Merry Christmas to all.

Thanks Chris - yes these were the reports that I saw. Just a little less widespread (seems more localised to the SW London area) though than your map would indicate, reports seem to vary and some appear to have the usual "poetic licence" lol. Certainly nothing of note in Central Scotland - as the map would suggest - my broadband with VM has been rock solid.

Back