• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Feature Request

brodricj

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
When playing a concert video (i.e. content that has been video bookmarked with "play song" option), when I chapter + or chapter - on the remote, rather than show the chapter number in the OSD graphic in the top right corner of the display, instead can it show "song title" ...when I'm remote surfing through a concert video it would be nice to know what song I'm landing on, instead of the chapter number (which doesn't mean much to me). I know the system is smart enough to know what song is associated with each chapter, it would be nice to make better use of that information in the on-screen GUI overlay.

As a related feature request, on concerts or musicals that have songs bookmarked, I would like to have the option to "play all" just like I can with scenes. I do a work-around now by marking all the songs as scenes and then do "play all scenes".

John

Good idea... but if it's a concert disc, is there much difference between having the system playing every single song in order and simply choosing to play the whole disc? I'd think that all the songs are marked, that they appear in order in the K interface, and therefore the concatenation of all of those songs is pretty much the same as playing the concert from start to finish.

Yes, I mainly use for musicals.

However, there are some concerts where the chapter breaks are such that the beginning of the chapter includes dialog instead of starting at the beginning of the next song (Diana Krall - Live In Paris). By setting scenes I can skip the introduction of band members etc. One added benefit is that when I skip to the next scene it flashes the name of the song in the top right corner.

John

ah, that makes sense... and the UI display of the scene/song name is a nice touch.
i agree, it would be a nice addition to the feature set, and consistent with the rest of the UI.

Back