• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

False Counts

Transepoch

From the collection size discussion...
I just copied and pasted from my user webpage.
While updating the flags in DVDP for the discs loaded tonight, I noticed that it showed more volumes than on the User webpage (after comparing imported volumes versus space available for importing.) As stated previously in that thread, this should never be possible with all the missing child profiles. I copied the import page to Excel, removed any failures, and confirmed a variance of over a hundred discs.

So is this screen usually fairly accurate, and I need to start hunting the menus for missing content, or would such a gap be normal?

Last edited:
I'm not sure I follow your problem. There are three lists/counts of content:

1. The total "You have xxx movies and yyy albums," which is displayed in the system summary of the onscreen display and on the Home page of the web utility.
2. The list of movies on the Movies page of the web utility. (Same thing for the list of albums on the Albums page.)
3. The list of discs imported on the Imports page of the web utility.

The list of discs imported will be longer, because multi-disc sets (television programs, supplement discs, long movies like Gone With The Wind) will span more the one disc.

So a gap in the count between the Import page and the "You have xxx movies" number is normal. But a gap in the count between the Movies page and the "You have xxx movies" number would be of concern to me.

(Does DVDP refer to the movies page of the web utility, or something else?)

Tom Barnett
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Ahh, I had not thought about it consolidating the count for the sets it actually recognizes as a complete series. That would definitely account for why there is such a sizable gap.

DVD Profiler (DVDP) is the program I use for inventory & tracking purposes.

Back