• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Extras Added After Initial Release

jmdls

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Thought I'd start a thread here that hopefully others can contribute to...

Often early release movies don't include any extras (or sometimes the Atmos audio track). It's hard to keep up with what is added across a large library, so I thought maybe we could crowd-source this info to keep up with these post-release changes making it easier to find if something is new that you want to update.

Bohemian Rhapsody original (early) release didn't include any of the extras; yesterday they added all of the disc-based extras to the Blu-ray download version. Delete your old Blu-ray download, and re-download again and you'll get the extras. The full length Live Aid performance was pretty terrific.

John

I don't believe you have to re-download. Once you get the latest movie guide update, the extras should appear. I'm positive I've had this happen before, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

How far back do we want to consider this? I occasionally look over my list of store vs. disc and update if/when they finally hit.

I guess it would depend on the level of the upgrade; like most people probably wouldn't care if Kaleidescape adds a new foreign language track or subtitle to a film, but would like to know if there is a new special feature, or Atmos has been added.

Aquaman and Spiderverse

Multiple extras and special features now available for Aquaman and Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse. If you downloaded previously, delete the Blu-ray quality version and then re-download.

I don't believe you have to re-download. Once you get the latest movie guide update, the extras should appear. I'm positive I've had this happen before, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

The Shape of Water

I think I've seen both. Offhand, and most recently, The Shape of Water. When I originally downloaded this, it had no special features. Later, I noticed that it did in the store but my version did not, so I deleted and re-downloaded. But I do seem to recall with other movies new features appearing without going through these steps. Maybe I just caught it too soon with this movie?

If the features can just appear, it does point to one thing I've noticed... many of the movie sizes reveal that the downloads contain the data for special features but those features aren't entitled to K. Any BR title over 30GB contains more data than just the video/audio for the typical 2hr-ish movie.

Back