• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: Executive Changes at Kaleidescape

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Hi Folks, dealers, and the industry, received this email detailing some changes and personnel additions at Kaleidescape.

Kaleidescape Appoints New CEO and VP of
Marketing to Drive Growth and Innovation in

Home Cinema Experience

Mountain View, CA — November 17, 2020 – Kaleidescape, the leader in products and
content that enable the finest home cinema experience, announced today that Tayloe
Stansbury has been appointed its new chief executive officer. Tayloe succeeds Cheena
Srinivasan, who served as chief executive officer since 2014; Cheena will remain with
Kaleidescape as founder and executive vice president, focused on alliances and
business development, including movie studio relationships. In addition, Norma Garcia-
Muro has joined Kaleidescape as vice president of marketing.

“We are excited to have Tayloe’s expertise in product, technology, growth, and scale,
and Norma’s expertise in cinema systems and movie marketing, to drive Kaleidescape’s
growth,” said Michael Malcolm, founder and chairmain of Kaleidescape’s board of
directors.

Tayloe is a longtime Kaleidescape customer, and he brings a wealth of leadership and
business expertise. He previously served as interim CEO of Watermark Insights, as
chief technology officer of Intuit (NASDAQ: INTU), and as executive vice president of
product and operations at Ariba. Tayloe serves on a number of nonprofit, private, and
public boards, including Coupa Software (NASDAQ:COUP). He received his A.B. in
applied mathematics from Harvard University.

Norma is an entertainment industry innovator with a background in motion picture,
home entertainment, and premium cinema technology. She was integral to the launch of
Dolby Cinema worldwide, and premium cinema experience at THX. Norma’s previous
posts include head of international marketing at Lucasfilm, where she oversaw strategy
and positioning for the Star Wars and Indiana Jones’ franchises, and as director at
Paramount Pictures Home Entertainment. Norma was recently named one of the Top
50 Women in Global Cinema.

“Tayloe’s proven leadership in technology and corporate stewardship, together with
Norma’s background marketing iconic films and next-generation cinema technology,
provide Kaleidescape with a strong synergy of tech and Hollywood. We are delighted to
see them both take the lead as we launch this exciting new chapter in revolutionizing
home entertainment with the finest cinema experience available,” said Cheena
Srinivasan.

Jim

One can't help but imagine how bringing on these specific executives might manifest. There is much potential for additional services and source material with this great ecosystem.

First I’d love to say THANK YOU cheena for ur great lead since 2014 and many things move in the right way and happy to hear he is still remain a K-MAN as vice president his passion for K is must vaccine for K

And happy to have 2 new world leaders in film and tech industry and hope they can move K to upper level and spread the echo system to wide world market

Wish to them all the best and interesting days we are waiting for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having now received a couple of calls, and one email, all of which expressed concern over these changes, I feel the need to comment further.

In all of my years involved in business I've never encountered an operation that couldn't be improved, including companies that I owned and operated myself. I'm sure these changes are considered a positive by Kaleidescape's Board. I feel comfortable saying that these changes are not the result of of any financial issues at K, the company is fine in that regard, and are more likely a result of a desire to get some new ideas and management style that will result in the improvements I alluded to in my first sentence. At some point, I've done this in most of my businesses, including replacing myself!

It takes many separate and distinct skill sets to operate these types of businesses, and within companies we often see skill sets underutilized or incorrectly utilized. A good CEO not only sets the strategic vision and plan for the company, but is also able to recognize the proper placement of the skills their employees bring to the operation, and more importantly how to utilize those personnel resources to achieve business goals in line with their vision. Given his background, I would expect that from the new CEO, and I'm personally optimistic this company's success will continue going forward.

So there should be no reason for concern here, instead I'd look at this optimistically, and expect positive outcomes for Kaleidescape moving forward.

Jim

Having now received a couple of calls, and one email, all of which expressed concern over these changes, I feel the need to comment further.

In all of my years involved in business I've never encountered an operation that couldn't be improved, including companies that I owned and operated myself. I'm sure these changes are considered a positive by Kaleidescape's Board. I feel comfortable saying that these changes are not the result of of any financial issues at K, the company is fine in that regard, and are more likely a result of a desire to get some new ideas and management style that will result in the improvements I alluded to in my first sentence. At some point, I've done this in most of my businesses, including replacing myself!

It takes many separate and distinct skill sets to operate these types of businesses, and within companies we often see skill sets underutilized or incorrectly utilized. A good CEO not only sets the strategic vision and plan for the company, but is also able to recognize the proper placement of the skills their employees bring to the operation, and more importantly how to utilize those personnel resources to achieve business goals in line with their vision. Given his background, I would expect that from the new CEO, and I'm personally optimistic this company's success will continue going forward.

So there should be no reason for concern here, instead I'd look at this optimistically, and expect positive outcomes for Kaleidescape moving forward.

Jim

I don’t saw it in negative way it’s for me 100% positive move to grow more in both and from what I read they add more than less as cheena will remain in the board and focus on his relationship with the studio

It’s a steep forward for K and I am so optimistic to see the result

Thx Jim

I spoke with Cheena at length about this almost two weeks ago, and had the opportunity to speak with both Tayloe and Norma last night.

To echo Jim, this in no way indicates a negative for the company, but rather looking to put people in the right place to help the company succeed and move forward.

Tayloe is a LONG TIME system owner, totally gets, and loves the system (he has three separate K systems in different homes), and Norma's resume is just amazing for what she brings to Kaleidescape. I can't wait to sit down and have a long chat with them over a tradeshow dinner (whenever that happens again)!

I ended my call with them incredibly excited for the passion and enthusiasm they are bringing to the company. To say they get the passion and love of the user base would be an understatement.

Finally, Cheena is looking forward to getting away from the daily running of the company which pulls him in so many directions, letting him focus his efforts on things that he enjoys most and is best at.

My post here:

John

I spoke with Cheena at length about this almost two weeks ago, and had the opportunity to speak with both Tayloe and Norma last night.

To echo Jim, this in no way indicates a negative for the company, but rather looking to put people in the right place to help the company succeed and move forward.

Tayloe is a LONG TIME system owner, totally gets, and loves the system (he has three separate K systems in different homes), and Norma's resume is just amazing for what she brings to Kaleidescape. I can't wait to sit down and have a long chat with them over a tradeshow dinner (whenever that happens again)!

I ended my call with them incredibly excited for the passion and enthusiasm they are bringing to the company. To say they get the passion and love of the user base would be an understatement.

Finally, Cheena is looking forward to getting away from the daily running of the company which pulls him in so many directions, letting him focus his efforts on things that he enjoys most and is best at.

My post here:

John
Woops! Wrong link. That was to the press release. Here is the correct link to my interview:

My post here:

John

Very will interview .. show how they are passion for there next challenge and know that mgm was one of thing and he was even just a user give us how is the new CEO will be as he in charge

Just seen this, all very exciting! First time in a long time I've read a press release about management changes and (regardless of my personal opinion which is ultimately only conjecture because I don't literally know the inner company or people) genuinely felt "excited & positive" for the company in question based on who the individuals are coming in - seems a perfect fit on paper. Just so happens the company in question happens to supply a product I love that also gives me access to a whole world of entertainment I love also :-D

I commented on AVS and realized I hadn't here. I'm excited for the future of the company. Looking at the credentials and prior experience of the new folks, it is substantial in relevant areas to Kaleidescape. I'm told the new CEO is a major Kaleidescape owner and long time user/fan. Happy to see Cheena still working in important roles for the future of the company as well. I remain very happy with Kaleidescape as the cornerstone of my theater room.

Back