• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Erasing Disks

katzha

I have two 3u systems, and have just replaced the 750G disks in one of them with 2T disks. The other server has 1T disks. I have replicated all content from both the 750K and 1T disks to the 2T server, and would now like to erase the 1T disks to free up space. I cannot find any obvious way to do this.

I have two 3u systems, and have just replaced the 750G disks in one of them with 2T disks. The other server has 1T disks. I have replicated all content from both the 750K and 1T disks to the 2T server, and would now like to erase the 1T disks to free up space. I cannot find any obvious way to do this.

You cannot actually "blank" the disks, but you can effectively "erase" all content by going into the "Movies" section of your Web Utility User Home Page and delete all the movies (check the boxes to the left of the movies and at the bottom of the page click on "Move to trash"). That will free up all the space on the disks based on the movies you selected. If you selected all the movies, then you have "erased" all content and that space is now available.

The movies will be in the trash until you either: (a) go to the trash and delete manually (drop down menu on the top of the Movies page); or (b) import new content that needs space.

Jim

That is what does not work. If I delete the content, the system deletes it from both the 1T and 2T drives. This is true whether or not the two servers are in the same group. I am looking for some way to delete the copies on the 1Ts and leave it on the 2Ts.

Now that you've replicated the content to the new 3U can't you just take that 3U out of the "system?" (Disconnect it from the LAN so that it is not viewed as part of the system).

Jim

That is what does not work. If I delete the content, the system deletes it from both the 1T and 2T drives. This is true whether or not the two servers are in the same group. I am looking for some way to delete the copies on the 1Ts and leave it on the 2Ts.

There are 2 ways to do what you want to do.
1) What you want to do is create a new group and add the 3U server with the 1TB drives to the new group BY ITSELF. DO NOT ADD THE OTHER SERVER OR PLAYERS. You should now be able to delete the content off the 1TB drives without effecting the other server. Make sure you read the "Help" file when doing this so you don't accidentally erase the wrong server.

2) Put the 3U 1TB server on a separate subnet or use a crossover cable to connect directly to it. Log into the server as you would normally do and you can now erase it directly.

Hope that helps.

If the two servers are not in the same group, you will delete the titles on whichever server you are logged onto. Type in the IP address of the other server and you will be able to delete the files on that one.

Back