• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Encore System 4K and BD Titles - Integrated OSD now possible?

Kurvenal

I have been following the news of Co-Star with interest, but it is not directly relevant for me since my system has only Encore components (Strato + Alto + Disc Server + Terra). I am trying to figure out if this means that I will finally be able to see all of my movie titles, including 4K titles on my Terra (only playable through the Strato) and Blu-ray discs in my disc server (only playable through the Alto), on a single on-screen interface.

Right now I have to flip between the Strato and Alto interfaces in order to browse my library. Would be great if I could access my entire library from a single interface, which I gather Co-Star will allow people with both Encore and Premiere components to do?

Can anyone provide an update on this?

Many thanks.

Yes, you should be able to pair your Alto and Strato together and see all your content. From the Co-Star FAQ document:

"12. A customer has a system with Alto players and a Disc Server. Is this feature available for that system?
Yes. You can pair a Strato with an Alto player. Playback will switch automatically to the Alto when necessary (e.g., to play a Blu-ray disc from the Disc Server)."

The one caveat is that the Alto and Strato will need to be physically together so that HDMI cables from each player can plug into the switch.

John

I have my co-star connected to an Alto and Strato with a Disc Server. It has been working great for about a week. I have a second Alto in the system also.

I've played with the Pairing in the Strato menu, and I can then see all my BD content in my alto connected to the disc server. (I can even tell the strato to play, which I can then watch if I flip my matrix to the Alto! :) ) Waiting on my co=star unit from my dealer !

Back