• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Ejecting imported DVD’s front vault

bsmith

I have not seen this before. I loaded about 20 DVD’s into my vault for import. The import process worked as usual but now I can’t get the vault to eject the imported DVD’s.

If you haven't already, power Off/On (unplug it for 30 sec). That may or may not fix it (obviously), but that's always the first step with these components.

I would try to eject from both locations (the Vault itself, and the Browser interface).

Jim

Can you hear the vault attempting to eject the discs, or does literally nothing happen when you try to eject them?

If you hear something, it is possible that the rollers that help get discs out the front slot are dirty. You may want to try manually selecting different discs one at a time to eject and see if you get different results. Discs that are very smooth and shiny (like double-sided discs) are harder for the rollers to grab (especially when dirty) whereas a disc with a rough label is easier for the rollers to grab. If you are able to get some discs out, but not others, it is time to open up the vault and clean the rollers. Make sure you clean the rollers near the optical drive if you have to go through the trouble.

The other possibility is that the picker arms that push discs up to the rollers from underneath the carousel deck are not working in that front slot location. If it helps for troubleshooting, you can remove the vault cover along with the plastic carousel cover and watch the vault in action. If when you eject a disc, the carousel moves a disc to that front slot, but the disc never lifts up toward the rollers, it is likely that the picker motor is failing for some reason.

Good luck!
Andy

Just don't remove the top sheath too quickly, as it helps with the kicking action, to direct the discs where they're supposed to go.

Back