• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Ejecting discs from vault without server, onscreen?

9riffTX

Interesting scenario, eh? So, the server is dead. The message is cannot connect. I just want to eject discs from the vault without needing the onscreen menu. Is this possible? thanks.

I believe if you reconnect the power cable, while rebooting, the vault shows you the status screen for a very brief a few seconds. You might be able to do a “option”, “eject all discs” real quick before it shows “server can not be found”.

also, iirc it’s not too difficult to open the server and get access to the carasoul if you need yo manually remove your discs

In tried to
I believe if you reconnect the power cable, while rebooting, the vault shows you the status screen for a very brief a few seconds. You might be able to do a “option”, “eject all discs” real quick before it shows “server can not be found”.
i spammed the option button during reboot but just saw the dv700 in the status display. It held the blue light until it couldn’t find the server. Since the server is off, I can’t find it with the app.

Any hidden eject all commands with the k hand-held remote? Like an old game console cheat code …

interesting, the old k-burst screensaver still works.

The vault is supposed to allow you to queue the discs for ejection via the "Options" button and the front panel. However, I just tested it here with one of my vaults and the functionality is broken. I have filed the bug but don't have an ETA on when a fix will be available. Unfortunately, the only option at this point would be to remove the cover to physically remove the discs unless you can connect the vault to a network that has a functioning Kaleidescape server on it (of any flavour).

The vault is supposed to allow you to queue the discs for ejection via the "Options" button and the front panel. However, I just tested it here with one of my vaults and the functionality is broken. I have filed the bug but don't have an ETA on when a fix will be available. Unfortunately, the only option at this point would be to remove the cover to physically remove the discs unless you can connect the vault to a network that has a functioning Kaleidescape server on it (of any flavour).

Can the dv700 be removed from the system on your end? Looking to move to a different system location without the original system wondering where the unit went. Thanks.

Can the dv700 be removed from the system on your end? Looking to move to a different system location without the original system wondering where the unit went. Thanks.
You can just group the DV700 with the new system. The fact that it disappeared from the old system shouldn't cause any issues.

On that note, if you're planning to group the DV700 with a new system, I would recommend waiting until you have done that to eject the discs rather than disassembling it to get the discs out. That way, the vault can update it's internal slot records to know that the discs were removed.

You can just group the DV700 with the new system. The fact that it disappeared from the old system shouldn't cause any issues.

On that note, if you're planning to group the DV700 with a new system, I would recommend waiting until you have done that to eject the discs rather than disassembling it to get the discs out. That way, the vault can update it's internal slot records to know that the discs were removed.
Just to make sure, leave the discs in until paired with the new system before ejecting? Dows it matter if the new system is 3u vs Alto?

This is also complicated by shipping with discs intact.

Ah. Didn't realise that you were shipping the vault elsewhere. If you are hand-bombing the vault from one location to another, I wouldn't worry about removing all of the discs but if you're boxing it up and shipping it somewhere, I personally wouldn't leave the discs in it.

As for switching the grouping from a Premiere (3U) server to an Encore (Alto) server, that's perfectly fine. You can go in the opposite direction (Encore > Premiere) as well with no issues.

Small sign of life. Score the other components figured out they were alone and went amber, I pushed the power button inside the front cover of the 3u and it lit up for a second then went dark without any further activity. Just a gasp.

Error 69; carousel not properly rotating.

I hope it didn’t get banged up in transit.

Last edited:
Can you manually rotate it all the way in both directions?
I have put it back together for now, but willing to try something again, later.

After pressing ‘ok’ to initialize, it seemed to make a revolution clockwise. Pause for a bit. Then make another before throwing off the error again.

DV700 downloaded an update. Maybe it wasn't quite ready for it.

The rollers roll outward when presented with a disc.

Last edited:
Back