• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

E-ONE DVDs WONT IMPORT

BrianK

Hi All

I seem to have regular problems with EONE (Entertainment ONE) authored DVDS here in the uk

Does anyone know what the reason for this is - are they doing something when they author the dvds to stop K from importing them?

Often the disc wont even play from the player as well - Example - 'Begin Again' - 2014 DVD - just purchased new release - very annoying to not even be able to play it from a kaleidescape player (M500) and yet any old DVD player will play it perfectly (eg a ?30 panasonic player that is years old)

What is the reason that K wont even allow playing of these discs - it seems like a rather basic thing and clearly cant be due to some new software on the DVD as old hardware from other vendors has no problem playing them?

I see other dvd problems mentioned on the forum and usually the suggestion is send it to K to see what the problem is but quite frankly for such an expensive system one would assume they should have the basic 'play from disc' feature sorted by now! I can appreciate that ripping the disc might require some investigation but come on they should all play whatever the issues re ripping might be!!!

Any suggestions (other than send it to Kaleidescape:))!!!

Thanks

B

As a buyer of hundreds of UK disks (I have over 4000 titles on my system) I not had that problem that I can recall. Yes I have had occasional disks that don't import and sometimes in a set it is just one of the disks that will say 'this disk can't be imported' which is very frustrating. Suggest you send to K and get them to look at it as I am sure in this instance the service other than the postage to send is free.

Kaleidescape tech have made contact and are buying the disc to check the authoring. Seems that they are getting back to work.

Back