• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

dvd not existing in K store

bogdandr

Hi,
Will be possible that non recognised dvd movies rip (not existing in the k database) to be managed in the way that the commercial intros to be removed or skipped when disc start?

The disc needs to be one that K has bookmarked, you cannot do it on your own, and being unrecognized is an indication it is not bookmarked.

Jim

Bookmarking is the best but you could create a scene as a work around for the DVD so you set the scene start as the film starts and end the scene at the end on the credits. Not elegant but it will give you the option then to Play Disk or Play Scene so that way you can 'avoid' all the lead in material. A solution I used on some of my foreign language TV material that will never likely be in the store and it avoids the bookmarking fee etc.

Hi,
Will be possible that non recognised dvd movies rip (not existing in the k database) to be managed in the way that the commercial intros to be removed or skipped when disc start?
If the disc has been imported into a Premiere system, then I believe a new scene can be created that starts at the beginning of the movie and ends at the end. You should then be presented with an option to "play scene" that will start without the various intros and options that normally show up with "play disc." I believe this works on discs that have not been bookmarked by K., but it has been a while since I have tried. It can be a time consuming project depending on how many discs there are to do. You can skip through chapters but be careful not to overshoot the ending you want.

Hope this is of some help.

Wayne

Just noticed Mark beat me to it!😊

The disc needs to be one that K has bookmarked, you cannot do it on your own, and being unrecognized is an indication it is not bookmarked.

Jim
There are some national cinematography movies bought from stories or from some newspapers collection. It looks like some of them are recognised by K, I have in mind to hunt all the titles I need produced by the companies that create the discs recognised by K.
Or just make the scenes as the colleagues mentioned above.

Thanks

Note that with unrecognized DVDs, the scene trick works well. With Blu-ray discs, it's more complicated, because many Blu-ray discs use a Java virtual machine as part of their core functionality, including disc navigation. On discs of that type, it's not possible to create a user scene unless Kaleidescape has bookmarked it first. We have special tools that allow us to create bookmarks on these Java-based discs.

Back