• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

DV700 losing network

sirgadget

Hi.

I have a very strange issue.
About six months ago I purchased a DV700 from anothrr forum member, but only just set it up and powered on about week ago.
Last night was the first time I started inserting discs. It's a little picky with discs, so figure it needs a cleaning at some point. It will reject discs that my other DV700 reads just fine.

Everything looked okay and chugged along over night. This morning it got stuck on "Carousel busy." So I unplugged it and replugged it, did it again. Looking at the web panel it lists the vault but all options and info are gone and replaced with "communication error."
At first I thought it was an IP clash, but even after reserving a DHCP lease the problem persists.
If I unplug it and replug it, it shows up in the web panel again, and continues to do so during initializing and when it displays "35 discs waiting to be imported."
But as soon as the carousel starts a second time to start importing, it again gets stuck on "Carousel busy" and then it disappears from the web panel and just goes to "communication error."

What does it sound like, do I have a faulty unit?
Anyone ever had something similar happen? Anyone from Kscape willing to chip in?

It's a pretty useless error message, and no way I can see of gaining a log statement or anything.

Hope you guys can help.

Best regards,
Mike Petersen.

Last edited:
I should add that I have tried switching cable and switch ports, doesn't make a difference.

My network consists of a Netgate SG-3100 (pfSense) a Cisco Catalyst 3750X 48 port PoE+ switch, Unifi Cloud Key Gen2, Unifi Flex HD and Unifi Beacon HD.

I've had a bad disc cause a lock up like that. I believe i was able to hit cancel right as it booted, before it would try and import and eject discs not imported. Wound up loading that one disc via an M500...

I've had a bad disc cause a lock up like that. I believe i was able to hit cancel right as it booted, before it would try and import and eject discs not imported. Wound up loading that one disc via an M500...

Thanks for the input, I'll try that :)

Back