It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.
... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.
You can perform bulk deletes from the local browser interface of your system. To do so,My search found nothing on this. Sometimes, I have 2 or 3 copies of the same movie on my Terra. Is there an easy way to delete the SD and/or HD copies I do not want?
Let's say you have the HD version downloaded and assigned to some collections. You then queue the HDR version of the movie for download.Now there are times where the collection memberships are retained, but I can't put my finger on when that happens versus when they are wiped out. Just something to be aware of if you use collections as much as I do.
I've made a habit for a long time to only delete the new version after both versions are on the system so there must be something unique going on with my system? Glad to hear the expected behavior is what we all would expect.Let's say you have the HD version downloaded and assigned to some collections. You then queue the HDR version of the movie for download.
If you delete the HD version *before* the HDR version finishes downloading then the collection memberships will be lost.
If you delete the HD version *after* the HDR version finishes downloading then the collection memberships should be retained.
Thank you, J. Green for showing me the way.You can perform bulk deletes from the local browser interface of your system. To do so,
- Load the browser interface for your system (http://<server IP>/movies or http://my-kaleidescape (http://my-kaleidescape.local on a Mac)).
- On the movie list, titles that have multiple qualities downloaded will have a ">" to the left of the movie title.
View attachment 2092
- Put a tick mark in the box beside the titles that you want to delete (you can select which qualities later.
View attachment 2093
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Select versions to delete...".
View attachment 2094
- In the resulting popup, uncheck the versions that you want to keep and click "OK" to delete the selected movies.
View attachment 2095
To piggyback off of the original question- is there a way to delete a specific version of a movie on a premiere system with duplicates. For example if I have the widesceen and fullscreen version of a movie I’d like to delete the fullscreen version. As far as I can tell these are one entity in the online browser so I delete both versions.