• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Dumb **s question?

rubymurry

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't see if it has anywhere

Looking to become a possible K owner and have query in the K_store. I have quite a few blurays ( purchased disc) which have card insert giving details of how to log for UV rights for download and access to movie for other devices. Does this work with Cinema 1 in some way so that you can avoid the licence check? Ie can you use the access code given with the C1???

Yes (assuming that you are in a territory where the Kaleidescape store is available). Here's how it works:
1. Create your UV account now and redeem all of the codes you have received with your Blu-ray disc purchases
2. When you buy your Cinema One, you activate it which creates a store account for you.
3. Link the UV library that you created in step 1 to your Kaleidescape store account.
At that point, titles that exist in your UV library AND are available on the Kaleidescape store (with UV rights) can be downloaded to your Cinema One at no charge.

Many thanks Croptop, I understand how it works now. Probably won't use the store for a while ... Our broadband connection is unbelievably slow: I think we are connected to it by wet string ! It will be a couple of years before the network in our area gets upgraded so the above could be academic for a while!

In order to play a movie without needing a BR disc in the tray you would need to download from the store. The nice things about the K store are:

1) You can adjust the download speed in order to save bandwidth for other activities, and
2) The store allows you to pause a download at any time and when you start it up again it picks up exactly where it left off.

John

Last edited:
Even better! That's what I did with my 1st generation C1 a few years ago. It also works great as a auto-loader.

John

Back