• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

DTS X in the K store

That is interesting that they are not labeled as such as DTS is primarily a Marketing Company

"Huntsman:Winter's War" has DTS:X on he store along with a few others I know
about.

John

I have found this site to be accurate.

Everything I have seen on here is in the store in the same as well

http://www.nextgenhometheater.com/dtsx-blu-ray-movies/

Looking at that site, then searching for the listed movies in the store, and looking at their pages, very few actually show DTS:X. Most are just DTS:MA. I could see some titles not getting DTS:X though until they get a UHD HDR update in the store perhaps.

Is it possible/likely at all that store details page online is out of date to what actually downloads on your system? So more movies have immersive audio than shown? Same or Atmos too.

When I look through the list of titles listed that are available in the store (and ignore UHD titles*), I don't see any DTS:X soundtracks that are missing.

John

* I ignored UHD titles since K has acknowledged that their first priority is to get UHD titles available in the store and then follow on with the immersive soundtracks.

When I look through the list of titles listed that are available in the store (and ignore UHD titles*), I don't see any DTS:X soundtracks that are missing.

John

* I ignored UHD titles since K has acknowledged that their first priority is to get UHD titles available in the store and then follow on with the immersive soundtracks.

Yeah, you're right actually. I was looking at the HD version of UHD titles, but yes, as they update to UHD, they will likely get DTS:X with it.

There is a collection for movies with DTS:X soundtrack in the Store. Most of them in HD but still nice to know.

Thanks @Steve Bruzonsky for the find! (posted at another forum).

Kostas

Your link above took me directly to the Kaleidescape app, and opened the page for all of the DTS:X titles!

Question -If I go to the app directly, not using your link, how do I find this page. I tried typing in DTS:X in the search field, and it didn't work.

Also, is it possible to find this list via web browser in the store?

Thanks
Dave Little

Your link above took me directly to the Kaleidescape app, and opened the page for all of the DTS:X titles!

Question -If I go to the app directly, not using your link, how do I find this page. I tried typing in DTS:X in the search field, and it didn't work.

Also, is it possible to find this list via web browser in the store?

Thanks
Dave Little
Hi Dave,

Direct access to collections has been removed from the K app. So you cannot find it directly or search for it.

Post #123

Good to know though that the collection pages still open in the K App.

Copy/paste the link to your browser and the page should come up.

Actually, collections should show up in search results. Search for "Atmos", for example. I'm not sure why the DTS:X collection doesn't show up. I will inquire.

I got a little clarification on this. Some collections on the store are not "visible". You can get to them if you know the URL, but the collection is not listed in the Collections menu on the store web site, for example. When you search, visible collections show up, but ones that are not visible don't.

I think the DTS:X collection isn't marked visible just because there aren't that many titles. We'll take a look at that, and whether it should be made visible, or if there's a way to make it show up in the search result without adding clutter to the menu of collections on the store.

It's pretty amazing how badly Dolby is beating DTS this generation of media content. Atmos as a technology and a brand is everywhere now.

Yeah, it is amazing. It wasn’t long ago that the vast majority of Blu-ray releases were DTS-HD MA with very few TrueHD. Now, it’s just the opposite. The vast majority of 4K Blu-ray and Kaleidescape releases are TrueHD w/ Atmos and DTS is almost nonexistent.

And that’s not even talking about streaming services, which is more important for the general public. I’m not aware of a single streaming service that uses DTS. LG and Samsung have even removed DTS support from their latest TVs.

Back