• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

downloads

mootang

So Xfinity is likely currently pretty pissed, i keep getting messages that i have exceeded my monthly cap of 1TB download, but also letting me know that i have (2) grace months of exceeding the cap. i was able to recently take advantage of the 25 4K movies for $499 and am currently downloading the 25 titles of 4k/HDR that i didn't already have in my Movies Anywhere account (patiently waiting this possible announcement of partnership between Kscape and MA!!!!).
it appears i'm capping out at about 105-110MBps on the download speed, despite having a consistent 300MBps download rate, so the movies are taking approx 1 hour 40 mins to download. I am downloading the Stratos 12tb unit picked up a few weeks ago and have the setting at "Unlimited". I thought i would be a little farther along in the download process....who knows if Xfinity is throttling my service despite saying that they wouldn't. anyway, excited to get some movies onto the unit!

Welcome to the world of downloading, we have all experienced less than full capability in regards to speeds. The wonderful thing for all entities involved is that they get to blame each other.....and there is no easy way for us to determine where the slowdown is occurring....so we live with it.:(

Jim

Fyi, you get two grace months within a 12 month period, but there is a max they can change on your third.

Luckily my last one just expired in time for me to redownload hd movies from my Strato to my new 3u. (Which means more 4k!)

Kevin D.

Lucikily no cap here :D

Anybody noticed that downloads that go to legacy systems have slowed down AGAIN recently? They are back in the 20 to 30 Mbs range where as they had been in the 30 to 40 Mbs range.

HDR Movies are in the 120 to 130 Mbs range.

Both connected to the same infrastructure and on a 600 / 600 Mbs fibre to the house connection.

Greta HDR took 50 minutes
Greta HD took 2 hours

Yes, but i assumed it was because i was replicating at the same time. Maybe not.

Kevin D.

Back