• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Downloads - Switching Servers

seaninde

Hey Everyone,
Question on downloading to either Strato or Premier server.

For UHD or Disney titles I have to download to the Strato. So no choice there.
But for HD (Blu-ray) I can download to the Premier to save space on Strato for UHD titles.

My question is: Would I get a better output downloading even the Blu-ray's to the Strato because the Player in the Strato has a better output than the M500?

If I did that, say in the beginning, but needed space on the Strato later for more UHD content, could I re-download a Blu-ray back over to the Premier, if I started to run out of space on my Strato?

Thanks!
Sean

You can easily delete HD titles from the Strato and redownload to the Premiere server when you need to.

So today I purchased a D2D download of Deepwater Horizon and it only gave me one choice to download to (my paired system). 2 downloads are in progess. I know the HDR is going to Strato, but is the HD one going there too or to Premiere? It did not give me any choices besides (My paired system).
Sorry for all the questions.
Thanks!
Sean

1634646418206.png

Did you go to the Strato browser Interface and set HD & SD downloads go to your Premiere system?
D916537A-A41E-4F20-A973-98C6605D8442.png

John

Pro tip:
You can also change the download settings for paired systems via the web store.
  1. Navigate to Manage > Account > My Systems.
  2. Click on the menu button for the paired system and select "Download Settings" from the menu:
    1634732881076.png
  3. A Download Preference popover will be displayed which will allow you to set the target system for the HD and SD downloads:
    1634732943309.png

Back